Dr. Amy Evans is a pediatrician practicing in Sewanee, TN. Dr. Evans is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Evans diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Evans can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 1989
Physician Assistant Studies, Barry University, FL 1989
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Ear Infection
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Strep Throat
- Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- University of Virginia Program
Dr. Amy Hurst Evans M.D.'s Practice location
Sewanee, TN 37375Get Direction
Dr. Amy Hurst Evans M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Evans
- Causes and Treatments for a Barking Cough
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup, which is a viral condition that causes swelling of the upper airways of children, especially those who are younger than 5 years old. It is also described as the inflammation of the larynx and the trachea in children.There are a...
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- How Oxytocin, a Natural Hormone, Could Improve Social Skills in Children with Autism
Ocytocin is often called the 'love hormone' or the 'cuddle hormone.' It has many effects, from appetite suppression to inhibiting the release of cortisol. More famously, it is important for every kind of relationship.Basically, this hormone is released by any loving physical contact, including...
- When a Child with Autism Refuses Treatment
You have a child you love very much. You want to help them so that they can develop into as healthy and happy a person as they can be. But they refuse to cooperate with their unique autism treatment. What can you do?Children with autism can refuse treatment for a variety of reasons. Some reasons...
- Mono vs. Strep Throat Symptoms
OverviewA sore throat is often caused by the common cold, which can be a mild condition that resolves on its own without the need for medical treatment. However, there are also other causes of sore throats, such as strep throat and infectious mononucleosis or mono, which is caused by...
- Dr. Nevindra N Mangru M.D.155 Hospital Rd Winchester TN 37398
- Dr. Jolanta Szczarkowska M.D.155 Hospital Rd Winchester TN 37398
- Dr. Nilesh Dhirubhai Dankhara M.D.155 HOSPITAL RD WINCHESTER TN 37398
- Dr. John Robert Fox MD325 South Cedar Avenue South Pittsburg TN 37380
- Dr. Mary Delphine Heath MD, MPH1318 University Ave Sewanee TN 37375
- Dr. Harry Albert Bartee MD507 Main St Huntland TN 37345