Dr Hilsinger is board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive surgery as well as Obstetrics and Gynecology She has 20 years of academic teaching experience.. She is also is a practice focused Adolescent and Pediatric gynecology certified provider. Her scope of practice includes urogynecology, urinary and fecal incontinence, menopause, heavy bleeding, routine gynecology, pelvic pain, endometriosis, hysterectomies, pelvic prolapse, and bladder surgeries.
Dr Hilsinger believes nonsurgical treatment is the best first choice option for female pelvic issues. She has an excellent minimally invasive pelvic surgery skill set in the event surgical intervention is needed. She practices full scope gynecology.
Dr Hilsinger spent her summers growing up surfing in the outer banks of North Carolina and sailing the Chesapeake Bay area. She is excited to finally be returning to where her heart has always been, the coastal Virginia Beach area. She is raising 3 children, one in college and two in high school as a single parent. She loves volleyball, live music, reading, and anything near or on the water.
Education and Training
Antioch College BS Chemistry and Biology 1981
University of Toledo College of Medicine,Toledo, Oh, United States 1987
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Dr. Katherine Leigh Hilsinger M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Yes she can have a baby. She should see a reproductive endocrinologist before conceiving to try to maximize her baby not being affected. There is technology that can test eggs and sperm in vitro to her have an unaffected baby. READ MORE
The hormones in pregnancy relax smooth muscle. Eye strain can be normal in pregnant women, but can also be a sign of something more serious. I recommend an examination from your eye doctor. Katherine Leigh Hilsinger, MD READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor Oregon Health Science University 1996 - 2007
- Adjunct faculty University of Madison 2009 - 2016
- Top Doctor 2018 Top Doctors of America
- Urinary Incontinence
- Stress Incontinence
- Menstrual Cramps
- American Medical Association
- The American Urogynecologic Society
- Wisconsin Section, American College of Obstetricians & Gyne
- american college of obstetrics and ynecology
- American Association of Gynecological Laparoscopist
- Santa Clara Valley Med Center 1988
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center Program
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Duke University
- Antioch college
Dr. Katherine Leigh Hilsinger M.D.'s Practice location
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451Get Direction
Mauston, WI 53948Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Katherine Leigh Hilsinger M.D. | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Katherine Leigh Hilsinger M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hilsinger
She is a great doctor. I felt very wel cared for.
- How Is Cervical Cancer Diagnosed?
Cervical cancer is a form of cancer which develops in the cervix. The cervix is the lower part of the uterus which connects to the vagina. The cause of cervical cancer is thought to be various strains of human papilloma virus (HPV), a sexually transmitted infection. The human papilloma virus can...
- How Phthalate Exposure During Pregnancy Increases the Risk of Behavioral Issues
A new study has shown that phthalates, a common chemical found in a number of consumer products, are harmful to the mental and behavioral development of children. The results of the study are published in the journal, Environmental Health Perspectives. This chemical is an important component in...
- Should I Go on Birth Control if I Have Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a condition marked by the growth of the tissues lining the inner part of uterus, towards the outer side of uterus. It is a non-curable condition that affects many women in their reproductive years. It is a very painful disorder and often treated with painkillers and hormone...
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Care in Young Women with Cystic Fibrosis
The Journal of Cystic Fibrosis has published recent study results on research into the sexual and reproductive health care in young women with cystic fibrosis.This study compared the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care of those with CF to the general U.S. population. Both groups of women were...
- Why Do I Keep Getting Hot Flashes?
Having hot flashes does not necessarily mean that you have reached menopause. Many other causes apart from the termination of your menstrual cycle can trigger the occurrence of hot flashes. Therefore, understanding the exact cause of your symptoms can really help you in establishing whether you are...
- What Causes Obesity?
A person who has a body weight that is 20% or more than the designated normal weight is considered to be obese. Obesity actually refers to the excess amount of fat present in the body. Based on the statistical measurement of Body Mass Index or BMI, obesity refers to BMI above 30. BMI is a...
- Dr. Dawn E. Huggins-Jones MD1716 Lower Church Ct Virginia Beach Virginia 23455
- Dr. Candice Geary M.D.612 KINGSBOROUGH SQ CHESAPEAKE VA 23320
- Dr. Allyson Hilliard MD358 Mowbray Arch Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Jay Allard M.D.620 John Paul Jones Circle Portsmouth VA 23708
- Dr. Negar Nikki Sadr M.D.844 KEMPSVILLE RD NORFOLK VA 23502
- Dr. Gwendolyn Lavonne Riddick D.O.612 KINGSBOROUGH SQ CHESAPEAKE VA 23320