Dr. John Sherwood is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Sherwood specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Sherwood typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Dr. John Sherwood M.D.'s Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21287Get Direction
FREDERICKSBURG, VA 22401Get Direction
Dr. John Sherwood M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sherwood
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Dr. Gavin Henry MD900 Caton Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21229
- Dr. Yvonne Marie Carter MD3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Luis Augusto Mispireta M.D.201 E University Pkwy Baltimore MD 21218
- Dr. Ahmet Kilic MD22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Brian Thomas Bethea M.D.1800 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Lynne A Skaryak M.D.3333 N Calvert St Baltimore MD 21218