Dr. Geoffrey Douglas Block MD
Internist | Transplant Hepatology385 William Pitt Way Pittsburgh PA, 15238
Dr. Geoffrey Block is an internist practicing in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Block specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Block provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- A delayed rectifier current is modulated by the circadian pacemaker in Bulla.
- Aging affects the ocular circadian pacemaker of Aplysia californica.
- Clock controls circadian period in isolated suprachiasmatic nucleus neurons.
- Keeping an eye on retinal clocks.
- Novel bioartificial liver support system: preclinical evaluation.
- Resetting central and peripheral circadian oscillators in transgenic rats.
- The role of Clock in the developmental expression of neuropeptides in the suprachiasmatic nucleus.
- Lithium lengthens the circadian period of individual suprachiasmatic nucleus neurons.
- Will genetics revolutionize medicine?
- Circadian rhythms in firing rate of individual suprachiasmatic nucleus neurons from adult and middle-aged mice.
- Health problems in adolescents with alcohol use disorders: self-report, liver injury, and physical examination findings and correlates.
- Circadian oscillators and photoreceptors in the gastropod, Aplysia.
- Phase shifting of the circadian rhythm in the eye of Bulla by inhibition of chloride conductance.
- Evidence that potassium channels mediate the effects of serotonin on the ocular circadian pacemaker of Aplysia.
- Phase-shifting of a neuronal circadian pacemaker in Bulla gouldiana by pentylenetetrazol.
- Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Gastroenterology; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Hospital University Pittsburgh Med Center
Dr. Geoffrey Douglas Block MD's Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15238Get Direction
RANCHO MIRAGE, CA 92270Get Direction
Dr. Geoffrey Douglas Block MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Block
- Causes and Treatment for Dry Cough
IntroductionA dry cough is a type of cough that does not accompany the production of mucus or phlegm. Most cases of dry cough are caused by certain allergic reactions from allergens, such as pollutants, dust, or toxins. The body usually tries to expel these irritants by coughing it out. In some...
- Diets can Determine the Way You Look
Have you ever looked in the mirror and questioned your age? Are you younger than you look? Blame your diet!Aging is an inevitable natural process, and the latest nutraceuticals created to make you look younger aren't always effective. An unhealthy diet can encourage the aging process, which can make...
- What is Interstitial Cystitis?
Interstitial cystitis, also known as painful bladder syndrome, is a chronic condition of the urinary bladder that causes extreme pain and discomfort. It mostly affects women, but may be seen in men as well. Interstitial cystitis often causes mild to severe pain in and around the pelvic area....
- What Are the Symptoms of Strep Throat?
Strep throat is the infection of the throat and tonsils by the streptococcus bacteria. Bacterial infections are one of the causes of sore throats and are very common in children and adolescents. The severity of a sore throat depends on the type of streptococcus causing the infection. Moreover, sore...
- Scabies Rash Pictures
What is scabies?Scabies is a contagious skin condition characterized by small and itchy red spots caused by a tiny mite called Sarcoptes scabiei. Mites tend to burrow into the skin, which urges an individual to itch. Itching often worsens during nighttime. Scabies can spread through prolonged...
- Lifting Weights Helps the Elderly to Maintain Muscle Mass
According to a recent study, people who are above 60-years-old should exercise more than younger adults to maintain healthy muscle mass. Lifting weights will help them to maintain the mass and size of muscles, reports the study. Study co-researcher and physiologist Marcas Bamman, PhD, of the...
- Dr. Philip Yang Lee D.O.Upmc Shadyside - 5230 Centre Avenue Pittsburgh PA 15238
- Dr. Rajeshwar Dayal Kapoor MD624 Whispering Pines Dr Pittsburgh PA 15238
- Dr. Mark Richard Mosley MD320 Guys Run Road Pittsburgh PA 15238
- Dr. Philip Meyers Landau MD320 Guys Run Road Pittsburgh PA 15238
- Dr. Milas Zernich MD320 Guys Run Road Pittsburgh PA 15238
- Dr. Michael Robert Charley MD530 Squaw Run Rd E Pittsburgh PA 15238