Dr. Mark S Forman MD
Neuropathologist | Neuropathology3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA, 19104
Dr. Mark Forman is a Neuropsychiatrist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Forman studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats mental disorders attributable to diseases of the nervous system. Neuropsychiatrists are trained to treat disorders occurring in patients due to irritability, attention deficit disorder, epilepsy, and many other conditions.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 1995
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Neuropathology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis/parkinsonism dementia complex: transgenic mice provide insights into mechanisms underlying a common tauopathy in an ethnic minority on Guam.
- Expression of the small heat-shock protein alphaB-crystallin in tauopathies with glial pathology.
- Genotype-phenotype correlations in FTDP-17: does form follow function?
- Role for Akt3/protein kinase Bgamma in attainment of normal brain size.
- Impaired glutamate transport in a mouse model of tau pathology in astrocytes.
- Frontotemporal lobar degeneration with motor neuron disease: a clinical and pathological spectrum.
- The MAPT H1c risk haplotype is associated with increased expression of tau and especially of 4 repeat containing transcripts.
- TDP-43 in the ubiquitin pathology of frontotemporal dementia with VCP gene mutations.
- Valosin-containing protein and the pathogenesis of frontotemporal dementia associated with inclusion body myopathy.
- VCP mutations causing frontotemporal lobar degeneration disrupt localization of TDP-43 and induce cell death.
- TDP-43 mediates degeneration in a novel Drosophila model of disease caused by
- Orexin 2 Receptor Antagonism is Sufficient to Promote NREM and REM Sleep from Mouse to Man.
- The BACE1 inhibitor verubecestat (MK-8931) reduces CNS β-amyloid in animal models and in Alzheimer's disease patients.
Dr. Mark S Forman MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
- 27-Year-Old Learning to Love Life After Harrowing Illness
For 23 years now, Sarah Hughes has been battling a debilitating autoimmune disease known as systemic idiopathic juvenile arthritis (SIJA). SIJA affects multiple organs and systems in the body. It can occur at any time throughout childhood, although it generally starts before the age of 5. In almost...
- What Are the Risks to Chemotherapy?
What Is Chemotherapy and How Does It Work? Chemotherapy is one of the most widely used treatment methods for curing cancer. It can be used as the only treatment or is sometimes combined with other treatment methods, such as radiotherapy or surgery with the aim of improving the quality of the...
- How to Manage Privacy When Discussing a Breast Cancer Diagnosis
When someone is sick, most of the time they just want rest and care from loved ones. It's great to feel supported when you're not feeling well. This is very simple when it comes to having a cold, or something as common as a migraine. When the word cancer comes into the picture, everything...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Tips On Living With Epilepsy
Get to Know Your EpilepsyEpilepsy can affect people at any point in their life. There’s no specific race or gender that have a higher incidence rate of epilepsy. Until now, there was no single cause of epilepsy. The causes of epilepsy range from head injuries to birth defects to tumors and...
- Dr. Zissimos Mourelatos MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Lucy B Rorke-adams M.D.3400 Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. William W Schlaepfer MD3400 SPRUCE ST PHILADELPHIA PA 19104
- Dr. Maria Martinez-lage alvarez MD3400 SPRUCE ST PHILADELPHIA PA 19104
- Dr. Jeffrey A Golden MD3400 Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Maclean Nasrallah M.D.3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104