Dr. Andrew Hannapel is a family practitioner practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Hannapel specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Hannapel possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- American Academy of Family Medicine 1997 Parke-Davis Teacher Development Award
- UNC SOM, DFM 1999-2002 Teaching Excellence Award
- 2004 Outstanding Teacher in Family Medicine, UNC SOM Dept of Family Medici
- 2008-2009 Best Doctors
- Member American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Member North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians
- Fellow American Academy of Family Physicians
- Womack Army Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- Fort Bragg
- Womack Army Medical Center 1995
Dr. Andrew C Hannapel MD's Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27599Get Direction
Siler City, NC 27344Get Direction
Hillsborough, NC 27278Get Direction
Dr. Andrew C Hannapel MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hannapel
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of an Ear Infection?
Our ear consists of three parts: the outer ear, the middle ear, and the inner ear. Infections can occur in any part of the ear, but middle ear infections are the most common. The middle ear is the part of your ear located between your eardrums and inner ear. It is the air-filled space that contains...
- What Are Pinworms? Treatment and Home Remedies for Pinworms
A pinworm infection is a parasitic infection of the intestines, mostly affecting children. Pinworms can cause great discomfort in children since the infection comes with itching and irritation in the perianal region. This parasitic infection can spread from one child to another. Even adolescents...
- The Possible Causes of Rib Pain
What is a rib cage?A human rib cage consists of 12 pairs of ribs, which are symmetrically paired on both sides of the body. The rib cage shields the organs located in the chest region, which include the lungs and heart from any kind of damage or injury. The ribs are attached to the sternum...
- Who Gets Cholera?
Cholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae, which attacks the small intestines. This disease is extremely contagious, especially in areas where there is poor sanitation or during disasters such as floods. It is capable of killing people who are infected within...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- Dr. Jonathan L. Sheline MD, MS3001 Academy Rd Durham NC 27707
- Dr. Julie Nielsen Lindsey MD222 Ashville Ave Cary NC 27518
- Susan Howard Catchings FNP600 New Waverly Place Cary NC 27518
- Dr. David Paul Adams MD218 Ashville Ave Cary NC 27518
- Dr. Tiffany Marum M.D.3612 Shannon Rd Durham NC 27707
- Dr. Susan F Slatkoff MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599