Dr. Derek Allan Taggard M.D.
Neurosurgeon2 Medical Plaza Dr Suite 205 Roseville CA, 95661
Dr. Derek Taggard practices Neurological Surgery in Sacramento, CA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Taggard prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Univ of Co Sch of Med, Denver Co 1996
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Neurological Surgery
- University Iowa Hosps and Clinics
Dr. Derek Allan Taggard M.D.'s Practice location
Sacramento, CA 95816Get Direction
Roseville, CA 95661Get Direction
FRESNO, CA 93720Get Direction
Dr. Derek Allan Taggard M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Taggard
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Dr. Kavian Shahi M.D., PH.D.1301 Secret Ravine Pkwy Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Ted I Brindle M.D.2 Medical Plaza Dr Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Hamidreza Aliabadi M.D.1301 Secret Ravine Pkwy Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Bahram Chehrazi M.D., F.A.C.S.1301 Secret Ravine Parkway Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Matthew Michael Kimball M.D.2 MEDICAL PLAZA DR ROSEVILLE CA 95661
- Dr. Franklin C. Wagner MD2 Medical Plaza Dr Roseville CA 95661