Dr. William Dolen practices Allergy and Immunology care in Augusta, GA. Dr. Dolen specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. Allergist-Immunologists are trained and certified to treat each patients sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity. Dr. Dolen provides several means of testing and treatment to increase immunity to potentially harmful substances.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1977
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Allergic rhinoconjunctivitis caused by Harmonia axyridis (Asian lady beetle, Japanese lady beetle, or lady bug).
- It is not yet time to stop skin testing, but...
- Skin testing and immunoassays for allergen-specific IgE.
- Sensitization to recombinant Aspergillus fumigatus allergens in allergic fungal sinusitis.
- A 16-month-old with persistent vomiting.
- IgE antibody in the serum--detection and diagnostic significance.
- Aerobiology of the Colorado Rockies: pollen count comparisons between Vail and Denver, Colorado.
- Antihistamine onset of action: the importance to the patient.
- Use of standardized and conventional allergen extracts in prick skin testing.
- Asthma care in the new millennium.
- Consultation with the specialist: who needs allergy testing and how to get it done.
- Anaphylaxis to piñon nuts.
- Assessment of nasal patency by rhinoscopic measurement of cross sectional nasal airway area: correlation with subjective nasal symptoms.
- The hidden tonsils of Waldeyer's ring.
- Pacifier cleaning practices and risk of allergy development.
- Asthma during pregnancy and clinical outcomes in offspring: a national cohort study.
- Remission and persistence of asthma followed from 7 to 19 years of age.
- Assessment and management of acute asthma.
- Evaluation of nasal patency by fiberoptic rhinoscopy.
- The Perception of Asthma Severity in Children.
- Humoral immunodeficiency in a 4-year-old male.
- Case report: acute facial swelling in a recreational technical diver.
- Chronic Candidiasis in Children.
- A double-blind evaluation of skin test suppression produced by two doses of terfenadine.
- Management of Allergic Rhinitis: A Review for the Community Pharmacist.
- Polyarthralgias, skin hardening, and weight loss in a 30-year-old male.
- Recurrent infections following nephrectomy and renal transplantation for Goodpasture's syndrome.
- Chronic chlorpheniramine therapy: subsensitivity, drug metabolism, and compliance.
- Allergen extract standardization: reality, myth, or dream?
- Allergy diagnosis revisited.
- The beta-2 adrenergic receptor and its agonists.
- Detection limits and receiver operating characteristic curve analysis in the evaluation of specific IgE assays.
- Asthma as an inflammatory disease: implications for management.
- Local and systemic eosinophil activation in allergic fungal sinusitis.
- Allergenic fungi in allergic fungal sinusitis.
- Use of thiocyanate elution to estimate relative avidity of allergen specific IgE antibodies.
- Fitzsimons Army Med Ctr, Allergy And Immunology; Letterman Army Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Univ Tn Grad Sch Of Med, Pediatrics
Dr. William Kennedy Dolen M.D.'s Practice location
Augusta, GA 30912Get Direction
Dr. William Kennedy Dolen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare For Immunotherapy
What is Immunotherapy?The immune system is made up of a network of organs, cells, and chemicals that work together to protect the body against diseases. In light of that, immunotherapy is a type of cancer treatment that works by enhancing your body’s immune system to fight infections and diseases....
- Everything You Need to Know About the Chicken Pox Vaccine
The chicken pox vaccine is the medicine given to people who are susceptible to the disease and hence protects one against the vaccine. This vaccine that causes the chickenpox disease is the varicella vaccine. This chicken pox vaccine is usually excavated from a weak virus. This weak virus is...
- Can Asthma Only Be Induced by Allergies?
Asthma describes the conditions and complications following the narrowing of bronchioles within lungs. This results in shortness of breath, coughing and a kind of loud wheezing accompanied by chest tightening.Although asthma can be cured, treated and managed with certain medications and natural...
- Is Sinusitis Preventable?
One of the leading reasons why individuals visit their doctors is sinus pain. According to research, approximately 37 million American citizens get symptoms for sinusitis like thick nasal discharge, sinus pain, and nasal congestion. That figure is on the rise due to an increase in pollutants and...
- Can I Pass Lyme Disease to My Partner?
The chance of getting infected by Lyme disease from a single bite depends on the type of the tick, how long it has been attached, and where it is acquired from. There are many types of ticks and not all of them can cause Lyme disease. The symptoms of Lyme disease are rash, fatigue, fever, facial...
- All About Wasp Stings
IntroductionA wasp is an insect that belongs to the order of Hymenoptera and suborder Apocrita. Wasps can be identified from bees and ants through their physical and behavioral characteristics. They have a slimmer and smooth body with few hairs. Wasps are also parasitic and predatory in nature....
- Dr. Philip H. Smith MD1120 15th St Augusta GA 30912
- Dr. Vanitcha R Pintavorn MD418 Town Park Blvd Evans GA 30809
- Dr. Kathleen Ruffing May M.D.301 Washington St Cumberland MD 21502
- Dr. Matthew Taylor Clark M.D.616 Edgefield Rd North Augusta SC 29841
- Dr. Terrence J Cook M.D.2042 Central Ave Augusta GA 30904
- Dr. Gail Marie Glushko MD300 W Hospital Rd Augusta GA 30905