Dr. Benjamin Pochang Yu MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry1420 Rocky Ridge Dr 230 Roseville CA, 95661
Dr. Benjamin Yu is a psychiatrist practicing in Roseville, CA. Dr. Yu is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Yu diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Yu may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Yu treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ca- Irvine- Ca Coll Of Med- Irvine Ca 1999
University of California 1999
- Downregulation of telomerase in rat during the aging process.
- The antioxidative effect of ganhuangenin against lipid peroxidation.
- Regional difference of ROS generation, lipid peroxidation, and antioxidant enzyme activity in rat brain and their dietary modulation.
- Approaches to anti-aging intervention: the promises and the uncertainties.
- The effect of age on cyclooxygenase-2 gene expression: NF-kappaB activation and IkappaBalpha degradation.
- Modulation of renal xanthine oxidoreductase in aging: gene expression and reactive oxygen species generation.
- The effects of dietary restriction on age-related changes in rat serum prostaglandins.
- Microsomal cytochrome P-450 degradation by in vitro lipid peroxidation.
- Dietary restriction as a modulator of age-related changes in rat kidney prostaglandin production.
- Isolation and identification of a phenolic antioxidant from Aloe barbadensis.
- Effect of dietary restriction on age-related increase of liver susceptibility to peroxidation in rats.
- Gene expression of cyclooxygenase in the aging heart.
- Age-related increase of brain cyclooxygenase activity and dietary modulation of oxidative status.
- Oxidative stress and vascular aging.
- Effects of berberine on intracellular free calcium in smooth muscle cells of Guinea pig colon.
- Univ Ca Irvine Med Ctr, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- University Of California Irvine 2002
- University Of California Irvine 2004
Dr. Benjamin Pochang Yu MD's Practice location
Roseville, CA 95661Get Direction
Dr. Benjamin Pochang Yu MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Yu
- What is Post Partum Depression?
Mood swings are normal after giving birth. Your emotions could be so high then down the next minute. These changes in emotion is called post partum baby blues, which begins two to three days after giving birth and usually lasts for two weeks.On the other hand, some moms or new moms experience severe...
- What Is the Trazodone Drug Prescribed For?
Depression is a medical condition affecting the mental health of an individual. Depression can cause various other secondary illnesses along with it. To treat depression, it is extremely important to timely diagnose the condition and treat it with the help of a medical expert who can guide you with...
- What is Postpartum Depression?
After delivering a child, a mother can succumb to overwhelming emotions of fear and anxiety, which can ultimately lead to her development of depression. Postpartum depression (PPD) is a multitude of depressed emotions in the mother, which develop within four weeks of delivery. Baby blues, which most...
- What Is Valproic Acid?
Generic Name: Valproic AcidBrand Name: Valproate Sodium, Depacon, Depakene, StavzorIntroductionValproic acid is an anticonvulsant that works by restoring or increasing the level of certain chemicals in the brain. This medication can be used alone or in combination with other types of seizure...
- What Is Paranoid Schizophrenia?
Paranoid schizophrenia is a subtype of schizophrenia in which the patient has hallucinations, false beliefs, and delusions that a person or group of individuals, regardless if they are his close friends or loved ones, are continuously plotting against him. At times, the patient may even believe that...
- 10 Tips For Managing and Reducing Anxiety
Living with constant and excessive anxiety is not easy. Many people with anxiety struggle every day to find relief, but often fall short. This is because controlling anxiety is a long-term process and cannot be completed overnight. If you truly want to learn to manage your anxiety and regain control...
- Dr. Mitchell Jay Galerkin M.D.1899 E ROSEVILLE PKWY ROSEVILLE CA 95661
- Dr. Francis Joseph Capobianco M.D.2412 Professional Dr Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Eugene Lewis Fealk D.O.1420 ROCKY RIDGE DR STE 230 ROSEVILLE CA 95661
- Dr. Robert Addison Mcauley M.D.729 Sunrise Ave Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Carmen P. Irizarry MD1600 Eureka Rd Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Aileen Lalic Yap-lacap MD1660 E Roseville Pkwy Roseville CA 95661