Dr. James Poole practices Emergency Medicine in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Poole assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Poole examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Simpson College B.A. 1997
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences MD
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences 2002
American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Medical Director Clive, Iowa - EMS Services 2008 - 2018
- Medical Director Pleasantville, Iowa - EMS Services 2007 - 2018
- Medical Director Windsor Heights, Iowa - EMS Services 2008 - 2018
- Medical Director Mercy College of Health Sciences - Division of EMS - Des Moines, Iowa 2007 - 2018
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians
- Mercy Medical Center - Des Moines (Central Campus) ( Des Moines, IA )
Dr. James Poole DO's Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50314Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. James Poole DO | Emergency Physician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. James Poole DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Poole
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- What Is Epistaxis?
What is epistaxis?Epistaxis or commonly called a nosebleed is defined as a type of bleeding that occurs from the nostrils, the nasal cavity, or the nasopharynx. Nosebleeds are mostly caused by the rupture of blood vessels inside the nose. Bleeding may be spontaneous or caused by injuries or trauma....
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Dr. John T. Bambara MD1609 N Ankeny Blvd Ankeny IA 50023
- Lenard Kerr1111 6th Ave DesMones IA 50314
- Dr. Meredith Gault Brown M.D.245 N 15th St Philadelphia PA 19102
- Dr. Geoffrey Miller MD1111 6th Ave Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Steven D. Lamer D.O.1111 6th Ave Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Joseph F Karre D.O1301 Pennsylvania Ave Des Moines IA 50316