Dr. Deborah Hoffert is an ophthalmologist practicing in Bangor, ME. Dr. Hoffert specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Hoffert can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Hoffert can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Mc Gaw Mc/Northwestern Univ, Ophthalmology; Bronx-Lebanon Hosp Ctr, Ophthalmology; Waterbury Hosp Hlth Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Einstein/Bronx Lebanon 1988
Dr. Deborah S Hoffert M.D.'s Practice location
Bangor, ME 04401Get Direction
BANGOR, ME 04401Get Direction
Dr. Deborah S Hoffert M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hoffert
- Is Lasik Eye Surgery Dangerous?
Lasik or laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis employs a laser beam to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. These are refractive errors that result from distortions in the curvature of the cornea of the eye. Lasik selectively peels away layers of stromal cells that constitute the...
- Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy is a long-term complication of diabetes that affects the eyes. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that diabetic retinopathy is responsible for 4 percent of the 45 million cases of blindness throughout the world. It is caused by a damage to the blood vessels of the...
- What is Cataract Surgery?
The exact cause of cataracts is not known. Nevertheless, it seems that most cataracts are caused by long-term variations in the eye lens protein components which in turn causes cloudiness in the lens. Though not common, cataracts can affect infants and young children due to genetic enzyme...
- What is Blepharitis?
What is Blepharitis?Blepharitis is the inflammation of the eyelids, usually affecting both of the eyelids where eyelashes grow.The inflammation of the eyelids is often a chronic medical condition, which is very hard to treat. Blepharitis is a condition that does not affect vision. It is also not...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- Dr. Oscar Rafael Batlle M.D.2411 Holmes St Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. John Theodore Bowman M.D.1 Ridgewood Dr Bangor ME 04401
- Dr. Curt Tyler Young MD1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Garth Allen Wilbanks MD885 Union St Bangor ME 04401
- Dr. Paul Rush Moulton M.D.5 Grove St Bangor ME 04401
- Dr. Anthony S Ekong M.D.2020 W Iles Ave Springfield IL 62704