Dr. Dorothy Joan Becker MD is a top Doctor in Pittsburgh, PA.With a passion for the field and an unwavering commitment to their specialty, Dr. Dorothy Joan Becker MD is an expert in changing the lives of their patients for the better.Through their designated cause and expertise in the field, Dr. Dorothy Joan Becker MD is a prime example of a true leader in health care.As a leader and expert in their field, Dr. Dorothy Joan Becker MD is passionate about enhancing patient quality of life. They embody the values of communication, safety, and trust when dealing directly with patients.In Pittsburgh, PA, Dr. Dorothy Joan Becker MD is a true asset to their field and dedicated to the profession of medicine.
Education and Training
Univ Of The Witwatersrand- Med Sch- Johannesburg- So Africa 1964
University of The Witwatersrand, Faculty of Health Sciences,Parktown, South Africa 1964
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Detection of symptoms by adolescents and young adults with type 1 diabetes during experimental induction of mild hypoglycemia: role of hormonal and psychological variables.
- Autoimmune islet destruction in spontaneous type 1 diabetes is not beta-cell exclusive.
- Insulin resistance-related factors, but not glycemia, predict coronary artery disease in type 1 diabetes: 10-year follow-up data from the Pittsburgh Epidemiology of Diabetes Complications Study.
- Changing prevalence of overweight children and adolescents at onset of insulin-treated diabetes.
- Evidence for heterogeneous pathogenesis of insulin-treated diabetes in black and white children.
- Coexistence of type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus: "double" diabetes?
- Should she or shouldn't she?: the relationship between infant feeding practices and type 1 diabetes in the genetically at risk.
- Cytoplasmic islet cell antibodies remain valuable in defining risk of progression to type 1 diabetes in subjects with other islet autoantibodies.
- Does emotional stress play a role in the initiation of autoimmune diabetes in infancy?
- Abnormal T-cell reactivities in childhood inflammatory demyelinating disease and type 1 diabetes.
- A randomized trial comparing continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion of insulin aspart versus insulin lispro in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Targeting of pancreatic glia in type 1 diabetes.
- Thyroid autoimmunity in children with features of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Humoral autoimmunity against the extracellular domain of the neuroendocrine autoantigen IA-2 heightens the risk of type 1 diabetes.
- Breastfeeding patterns of mothers with type 1 diabetes: results from an infant feeding trial.
- Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- U Capetown
Dr. Dorothy Joan Becker MD's Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Get Direction
Dr. Dorothy Joan Becker MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Becker
- If I Eat Healthy, Can I Get Rid Of Type 2 Diabetes?
Around 90-95% of people having diabetes suffer from type 2 diabetes. As in the case with normal individuals, there are foods that can harm and foods that can heal. Eating the right food in the right proportions, cutting down on junk food and keeping oneself well hydrated all play a part in leading a...
- Essential Health Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil
What is Eucalyptus Oil?The Tasmanian Blue Gum, which is also more commonly known as the Eucalyptus tree, is one of the evergreen trees mostly found in Australia. It is also available in Europe, India and South Africa. This tree is considered one of the main food sources for koala bears.Though the...
- Do I Have Appendicitis?
Appendicitis refers to the inflammation of the appendix, a small tissue found as an extension at the beginning of the large intestine. This condition often requires medical attention, as an inflamed appendix may lead to many complications, like bursting of the appendix. The contents of the appendix...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- Dr. Henkie P Tan MD,PHD3459 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Jon A Levy MD725 Cherrington Pkwy Coraopolis PA 15108
- Dr. Jeffrey B Mulholland MD725 Cherrington Pkwy Coraopolis PA 15108
- Dr. Yael Raz MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Stephanie L Nicholas MD1300 Oxford Dr Bethel Park PA 15102
- Dr. Rakesh Sindhi MD3705 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213