Dr. William Cowden is a general surgeon practicing in Ann Arbor, MI. Dr. Cowden specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Cowden provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
University of Illinois College of Medicine 2004
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Umbilical Hernia
- Ventral Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Michigan State University Program
Dr. William James Cowden M.D.'s Practice location
Ann Arbor, MI 48109Get Direction
Rockford, IL 61103Get Direction
Dr. William James Cowden M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cowden
- Why Do the Benefits Outweigh the Risks of Circumcision?
Male circumcision has been a highly debated topic with arguments both for and against it. Various religious and traditional practices across the globe favor circumcision. However, there are also large sections of the population in other parts of the world where circumcision is not recommended by...
- Hydrocephalus: What Is It?
Hydrocephalus is a condition where there is too much cerebrospinal fluid in the head. It comes from the Greek words “hydro”, which means water, and “cephalus”, which means head. It is a component of several congenital health problems, but may be caused by head injuries, too. In some cases,...
- What Are the Risks of a Laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that is done to examine various abdominal organs or female pelvic organs. The procedure is sometimes called as "diagnostic laparoscopy" or "keyhole surgery". This procedure can identify problems such as adhesion, fibroids, infections, and cysts.The procedure...
- How is the Recovery for a Cholecystectomy?
How long does it take for you to recover from a cholecystectomy? The length of the recovery period depends on whether you had a laparoscopic or open cholecystectomy. Many people who have keyhole surgery are released from the hospital the same day of the surgery. It may take up to 2 weeks for these...
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: The Potential Complications
A gastric bypass surgery is done to achieve weight loss, especially in individuals who are obese and overweight. This type of major abdominal surgery alters the stomach and intestines to limit a person's food intake.Annually, there are more than 200,000 Americans who undergo gastric bypass surgery....
- How to Prepare for a Tonsillectomy
What Is a Tonsillectomy?The tonsils are a very important part of your body. They are located in two glands at the back of your throat. In your younger years, they help produce antibodies that help you fight infections that attack your body. Sometimes, however, the tonsils themselves can get...
- Dr. Semeret Munie M.D.2540 Rochester Rd Royal Oak MI 48073
- Dr. Charles D Mok D.O.8180 26 Mile Road, Suite 300 Utica MI 48316
- Dr. Melissa Elizabeth Brunsvold M.D.1500 East Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. John F Cooper M.D.2691 Reliable Parkway Chicago IL 60686
- Dr. Carrie Lynn Kramer M.D.5333 Mcauley Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197
- Dr. Clifford Suhyun Cho MD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53791