Dr. Raphael Chunping Sun M.D.
Surgeon200 Hawkins Dr Department Of Surger Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Raphael Sun is a general surgeon practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Sun specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Sun provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 2010
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Delignification of maize stems by peroxymonosulfuric acid, peroxyformic acid, peracetic acid, and hydrogen peroxide. 1. Physicochemical and structural characterization of the solubilized lignins.
- Quantitative determination of hydroxycinnamic acids in wheat, rice, rye, and barley straws, maize stems, oil palm frond fiber, and fast-growing poplar wood.
- Effect of ultrasound on the structural and physiochemical properties of organosolv soluble hemicelluloses from wheat straw.
- Chemical composition of lipophilic extractives released during the hot water treatment of wheat straw.
- Acetylation of sugarcane bagasse using NBS as a catalyst under mild reaction conditions for the production of oil sorption-active materials.
- Characteristics of degraded cellulose obtained from steam-exploded wheat straw.
- Physicochemical characterisation of residual hemicelluloses isolated with cyanamide-activated hydrogen peroxide from organosolv pre-treated wheat straw.
- Comparative study of alkali- and acidic organic solvent-soluble hemicellulosic polysaccharides from sugarcane bagasse.
- Fractional and structural characterization of hemicelluloses from perennial ryegrass (Lolium perenne) and cocksfoot grass (Dactylis glomerata).
- Physicochemical characterization of cellulose from perennial ryegrass leaves (Lolium perenne).
- Homogeneous modification of sugarcane bagasse cellulose with succinic anhydride using a ionic liquid as reaction medium.
- Succinoylation of sugarcane bagasse under ultrasound irradiation.
- Homogeneous acylation of eucalyptus wood at room temperature in dimethyl sulfoxide/N-methylimidazole.
- Possible genetic component to the etiology of perigraft hygromas.
- The Project P.A.T.H.S. in Hong Kong: development, training, implementation, and evaluation.
Dr. Raphael Chunping Sun M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
PORTLAND, OR 97239Get Direction
- Appendicitis During Pregnancy: Signs and Symptoms
Appendicitis During Pregnancy: Signs and SymptomsAppendicitis is a condition which occurs in about 1 in 1000 pregnancies. While it is most common during first 2 trimesters, it can occur in the last trimester too. It’s often hard for the pregnant woman to identify the signs and symptoms of...
- What Are the Risks to Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee replacement surgery is a medical procedure that is aimed to treat a knee joint that has been damaged due to arthritis or other complications. Arthritis is a condition that results from the breakdown of joint cartilage plus the underlying bone. Knee replacement surgery is used when other means...
- What Is Varicocelectomy Surgery?
Varicocelectomy is a surgical procedure that is mainly used to treat male infertility. This infertility in men is always as a result of varicocele. The aim of treating varicocele is to obstruct or hinder venous drainage to the testicles while maintaining the lymphatic drainage and arterial inflow....
- Where Does Appendicitis Pain Occur?
The human body has numerous skin receptors that transmit signals to the brain 24/7 in an attempt to keep the body and person in sync. These nerve receptors are highly sensitive to pain and different sensations. For example, when the body comes in contact with fire or electricity, the brain...
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: Can I Afford It?
Gastric bypass surgery has become a popular weight loss procedure, and can be considered the gold standard for weight loss surgeries. However, the cost of gastric bypass surgery is sky-high, and this is one of most common factors taken into consideration ahead of surgery.In the normal digestive...
- What Conditions Warrant a Hysterectomy?
Upon reaching reproductive age, the womb (uterus) creates ideal conditions for pregnancy, gestation, and delivery of a baby. But many things can go wrong within the female reproductive system. Development of fibroid masses, outgrowths of the endometrial lining, and excessive vaginal bleeding are...
- Dr. Darwin D. Peterson D.O.540 East Jefferson Street Iowa City Iowa 52245
- Dr. John R. Cheregi M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Muneera Rehana Kapadia M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Zoe A. Stewart M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Vanessa R Humphreville M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Isaac Samuel MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242