Dr. Cissy K. Furusho D.D.S.
Dentist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Dentistry4801 W. Peterson Ave Suite 410 Chicago IL, 60646
Dr. Cissy K. Furusho is a Pediatric Dentist serving the Chicago area for more than 15 years. Dr. Rurusho is experienced in Mouth Guards, Orthodontic Treatment and Infant Frenectomy. She is a professional ...
Education and Training
University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana B.S. Biology 1992
UIC College of Dentistry D.D.S. 1996
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Loyalty Award 2006 University of Illinois
- American Association of Women Dentists President’s Award 2004 American Association of Women Dentists
- William Towner Organized Dentistry Award 2004 UIC, COD
- William J. Greek Memorial Leadership Award 2002 Illinois State Dental Society
- Sophomore Achievement Award 1995 Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Society
- Porcelain Pediatric Crowns
- Space Maintainers
- Pulpotomy (baby Root Canal)
- Mouth Guards
- Orthodontic Treatment
- Infant Frenectomy
- Diplomate American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Professional Member American Association of Women Dentist
- Professional Member American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Professional Member American Dental Association
- Professional Member Chicago Dental Society
- Professional Member Illinois Dental Society
- Professional Member Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Professional Member International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA)
- Professional Member American College of Dentists
- Fellow Pierre Fauchard Academy, International Honorary Dental Organization 2011
Dr. Cissy K. Furusho D.D.S.'s Practice location
Dr. Cissy K. Furusho D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Furusho
- Resourceful and Creative Teen Fundraises for Breast Cancer Through Sewing
Upon receiving the news of her mother's breast cancer diagnosis, teenager Jordan Phillips turned her passion into a business, selling sewn items to benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation.Learning to sewJordan learned to sew when she was only five years old, after receiving a sewing machine for...
- Why It's So Important to Take Your Child to the Dentist
Clarice Law, DMD, MS, assistant professor in the Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics sections at the UCLA School of Dentistry says that it is better to get the child to the dentist as early as possible. She personally likes to have children starting the dental visits by the age of one year. First...
- What Is a Cavity?
A cavity is a result of tooth decay, which is a damage that occurs due to poor oral health and dental plaque on the tooth’s surface. Cavities usually start really small and when they are left untreated, they gradually become bigger. Anyone who has teeth, including babies, can develop cavities. For...
- Mason Motz Becomes A Chatterbox Once His Sleep Apnea Was Fixed
Mason Motz is a 6-year-old Texas youngster who now sings his favorite songs and talks to everyone who will listen to him. He is always asking his mom about her day and discussing the world with his brother. Every day, he leaves his family astounded, because, for over five years of his life, Mason...
- Low-Grade Fever and Teething
Introduction Your baby, who used to be so peaceful, has all of a sudden become fussy, cranky, chews on every single thing, and is drooling. He wants to be held, keeps you half the night awake, and wants to be nursed the whole day. This is the world of teething that the baby has entered in. Other...
- Oral Hygiene and Overall Health
Maintaining oral hygiene is very important for overall health; it does far more just keeping a bright smile. Good oral hygiene can reduce the risk of serious conditions like heart diseases, and may also preserve memory as people age. Dental health may affect overall health in six different ways,...
- Dr. Leo Don Morton D.D.S.9101 N Greenwood Ave Niles IL 60714
- Dr. Joanne Robin Oppenheim D.D.S.737 N Michigan Ave Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Tehemina Gagrat Richardson DDS1460 N Halsted St Chicago IL 60642
- Dr. Nidhi Agarwal DMD430 W Erie St Chicago IL 60654
- Dr. Leslee D Rutherford D.D.S.7131-A South Jeffery Boulevard Chicago IL 60649
- Dr. Christopher Morin DDS811 W Wellington Ave Chicago IL 60657