Dr. Samuel Mazza is a general surgeon practicing in Holyoke, MA. Dr. Mazza specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Mazza provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll of Med, Syracuse Ny 1964
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Genesee Hosp, General Surgery; Strong Mem Hsp U Rochester, General Surgery
Dr. Samuel J. Mazza M.D.'s Practice location
Holyoke, MA 01040Get Direction
SOUTHWICK, MA 01077Get Direction
Dr. Samuel J. Mazza M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mazza
- What to Expect if You Need a Hysterectomy
What is Uterus?Uterus is a hollow muscular and inverted pear shaped structure. It lies in the pelvic cavity between the urinary bladder and the rectum. It is attached by ligaments to the pelvic wall. The uterus consists of a body called corpus a narrow uterine cavity called internal Os and the...
- What Are The Risks Of A Hysterectomy?
A hysterectomy as a surgical means for removing the uterus is often resorted to when the female reproductive system develops complications. A hysterectomy would be the preferred option for combating the symptoms associated with cancer, endometriosis, fibroids, and painful and excessively heavy...
- Recovery from a Gallbladder Surgery
You may be given pain relievers as you wait for the anesthesia to wear off after your gallbladder removal surgery. After surgery, you will be transferred to a recovery room where your condition will be monitored as you are given some time to rest.During a keyhole operation, carbon dioxide gas is...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Dr. John R Romanelli MD3300 Main St Springfield MA 01199
- Dr. Francis Escalona Martinez M.D.10 Hospital Dr Holyoke MA 01040
- Dr. Alexander Ron Miller MD264 Elm St Northampton MA 01060
- Dr. Steven M Schonholz MD271 Carew St Springfield MA 01104
- Dr. Loran Willis Roberts MD10 Hospital Dr Holyoke MA 01040
- Dr. Elizabeth Willard Brady MD399 Farmington Ave Farmington CT 06032