Dr. Richard Sorenson is an internist practicing in Riverton, WY. Dr. Sorenson specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Sorenson provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Ok Coll of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 1975
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
- Univ Hosp-S Tx Med Ctr, Hematology-Internal Medicine; Univ Hosp-S Tx Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Richard R Sorenson MD's Practice location
Riverton, WY 82501Get Direction
Dr. Richard R Sorenson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Home Remedies for Oral Candidiasis
Oral thrush or oral candidiasis is an infection of the mouth caused by the fungus, Candida. This fungus is also known as yeast. It is normal for Candida organisms to live in our bodies since they are generally harmless. However, when they overgrow, they can cause infections. Such infections can...
- Why Are Chia Seeds Beneficial to our Health?
These seeds were an integral part of Mayan and Aztec diets for years and were used as energy boosters in these early cultures. As many studies show, these seeds are good nutritional addition to foods. Chia seeds come in two colors: dark brown or black. The attractive quality of this food is that it...
- What Are Petechiae?
What Are Petechiae?Petechiae can be described as marks or blotches that normally appear on the skin and are tiny, round, and purplish or reddish in color. Petechiae are usually pinpoint-sized. Minor hemorrhage (bleeding that is localized below the skin) is the source of petechiae.Although they...
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- Reducing the Intensity of Pain with Mindful Mediation
A new brain imaging study has shown that meditation, even a brief instruction, helps to reduce the intensity of pain. Most of the participants of the study reported to have a reduction in pain after four 20-minute sessions of mindfulness meditation instructions....
- What Is Raynaud’s Disease: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Raynaud’s disease?Raynaud’s disease, also known as Raynaud’s syndrome or Raynaud’s phenomenon, is a rare blood vessel disorder described by a French physician named Maurice Raynaud in 1862. In this condition, the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the...
- Dr. Richard L Jones MD1005 College View Dr Riverton WY 82501
- Dr. Ronny Santosa MD6660 Belair Rd Baltimore MD 21206
- Dr. John F Reckling MD1005 College View Dr Riverton WY 82501
- Dr. Aida R Polson MD2100 W Sunset Dr Riverton WY 82501
- Dr. Jason Dee Lovell D.O511 North 12th St E Riverton WY 82501
- Dr. Glen Hybarger M.D.1709 Dryden Rd Houston TX 77030