Dr. Joseph Zacko practices Neurological Surgery in Hershey, PA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Zacko prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 2001
- The emergent reversal of coagulopathies encountered in neurosurgery and neurology: a technical note.
- Spinal fusion and antibiotic treatment illustrating lumbar osteomyelitis and spinal instability as a previously unrecognized and surgically treatable cause of autonomic dysreflexia.
- The Accuracy of the Sysmex UF-1000i in Urine Bacterial Detection Compared With the Standard Urine Analysis and Culture.
- Neuro-trauma, Complex Spine, Spinal Cord Injuries And More
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Spinal Stenosis
- Virginia Commonwealth University 2008
- Neurotrauma/Critical Care, University of Miami - JMH-NEU 2010
Dr. Joseph Christopher Zacko MD's Practice location
Hershey, PA 17033Get Direction
Hershey, PA 17033Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Christopher Zacko MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Zacko
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Dr. Omar Akram Zalatimo MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Michael David Sather MD30 Hope Drive Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Akshal Patel M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Elias Rizk M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Stephen K Powers MD133 JEFF LN HUMMELSTOWN PA 17036
- Dr. Einar Bogason M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033