Dr. Suken A. Shah MD
Sports Medicine Specialist (Pediatric) | Sports MedicineA. I. Dupont Hospital For Children 1600 Rockland Road Wilmington DE, 19803
Dr. Suken Shah is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Wilmington, DE. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Shah is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1994
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Acquired atlantoaxial instability in children with spastic cerebral palsy.
- The duPont kyphosis brace for the treatment of adolescent Scheuermann kyphosis.
- Tension-sided femoral neck stress fracture in a skeletally immature patient. A
- Lumbar spondylolysis in pediatric and adolescent soccer players.
- Low back pain in pediatric athletes with unilateral tracer uptake at the pars interarticularis on single photon emission computed tomography.
- Dynamic scapholunate dissociation in a child.
- Elastic intramedullary nails.
- Derotation of the spine.
- Growing rods for spinal deformity: characterizing consensus and variation in current use.
- Minimizing complications with single submuscular growing rods: a review of technique and results on 88 patients with minimum two-year follow-up.
- Osteochondrosis: common causes of pain in growing bones.
- In vivo distraction force and length measurements of growing rods: which factors influence the ability to lengthen?
- Growing rod fractures: risk factors and opportunities for prevention.
- Effectiveness and safety of posterior titanium instrumentation in children with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a prospective study.
- Outcomes of posterior titanium spinal instrumentation in neuromuscular scoliosis patients.
- Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery
Dr. Suken A. Shah MD's Practice location
Wilmington, DE 19803Get Direction
WILMINGTON, DE 19803Get Direction
Dr. Suken A. Shah MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shah
- Is Schizophrenia Fatal?
Schizophrenia by itself is not fatal like cancer or any other life-threatening diseases. However, many cases of death have been accounted for and the usual reason behind it is suicide. Moreover, people who have adopted habits such as smoking, taking prohibited drugs, or unhealthy eating, either due...
- Oscar Winner Kathy Bates Talks About Learning She Had Ovarian and Breast Cancer
Breast and ovarian cancer are serious diseases that can affect any woman. Both can be terrifying to have, and no woman wants to hear those dreaded words from her doctor.Cancer is responsible for millions of deaths every year, and though modern medicine has come a long way to treat this disease,...
- Signs and Symptoms of Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is a common sexually transmitted disease (STD). It is a disease that causes sores or blisters, especially on the genital areas. This STD is the result of type 2 herpes simplex virus, or HSV2. Sometimes genital herpes is the result of the strand of the herpes simplex virus that causes...
- Are There Any Complications of Mumps?
What Can Make Me Think That My Baby Is Having Complications?Mumps develop a row of inflammations in the different parts of your child’s body. The intensity of the condition varies and the age of your child plays a pivotal role here. Inflammation of the testicles (orchitis) may occur on the 6-8th...
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which was actually stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a double...
- How Is Osteoporosis Treated?
The best treatment of osteoporosis is its prevention. However, once the disease has already affected you and weakened your healthy bones, it is necessary to treat it in order to prevent a further progression of the disease as well as its complications. The most well-known complications of...
- Dr. Kathleen B O'brien MD1600 Rockland Road Wilmington DE 19803
- Dr. Richard W. Kruse D.O.A.I. DUPONT HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN WILMINGTON DE 19803
- Dr. Jennifer M Ty MD910 Foulk Rd Wilmington DE 19803
- Dr. Naomi J. Brown MD1600 Rockland Road Wilmington DE 19803
- Dr. Emelynn Joanne Fajardo D.O.1600 ROCKLAND RD WILMINGTON DE 19803