Dr. Erik Bowman is a gastroenterologist practicing in Madison, WI. Dr. Bowman specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Bowman performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Erik A Bowman MD's Practice location
Madison, WI 53705Get Direction
LINCOLN, NE 68503Get Direction
Erik A Bowman MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Recipes for Celiac Patients
Gluten sensitivity is real and it is serious. If you suspect that you may have a gluten sensitivity or celiac disease, please see a doctor to confirm that you actually suffer from eating it. Once you have been diagnosed, you must follow the ground rules of dealing with the disease when it comes to...
- Holistic Treatments for Lactose Intolerance
Affecting approximately 65% of all adults in the world, lactose intolerance is one of the most common food intolerance. To evade gastrointestinal complications that often result from consumption of milk products, the majority of individuals decide to remove all dairy products from their diet.The...
- What You Can Expect When Getting Crohn’s Infusions
Crohn’s disease, an inflammatory bowel disease, triggers inflammation of the digestive tract. This, in turn, can lead to severe symptoms, including abdominal pain, fatigue, persistent diarrhea, weight loss, and malnutrition. While there is no cure for the disease, there are several treatments...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- How Adherence to Medication Lowers Healthcare Cost in Crohn's and Colitis Patients
Take medications as they are prescribed. It sounds like such a simple concept, but it isn’t. Medication nonadherence continues to be a problem in the United States. It causes people to not only remain unhealthy, but it puts a huge strain on health care costs. When it comes to children, many...
- Nausea and Vomiting as Symptoms of Colon Cancer
The majority of people with colon cancer do not experience any symptoms during the early stages of the disease. However, there are early signs of colon cancer that we need to be aware of.Colon cancer usually starts to occur with the development of non-cancerous (benign) polyps. These polyps develop...
- Dr. William M Ehrhardt MD700 S Park St Madison WI 53715
- Dr. Susan M Lepinski MD202 S Park St Madison WI 53715
- Dr. Sigurdur Einarsson MD700 S Park St Madison WI 53715
- Dr. Freddy Caldera D.O.1685 Highland Avenue Madison WI 53705
- Dr. Antonio Bosch MD750 UNIVERSITY ROW MADISON WI 53705
- Dr. Arnold Wald MD451 Junction Rd Madison WI 53717