Dr. Jennifer Scherer is a nephrologist practicing in Yonkers, NY. Dr. Scherer specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Scherer most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
- Decision-making in patients with cancer and kidney disease.
- An Untraveled Road: The Integration of Palliative Care with Nephrology.
- Sleep Disorders, Restless Legs Syndrome, and Uremic Pruritus: Diagnosis and Treatment of Common Symptoms in Dialysis Patients.
- Illness Trajectories: Description and Clinical Use #326.
Dr. Jennifer S Scherer M.D.'s Practice location
Yonkers, NY 10701Get Direction
NEW YORK, NY 10016Get Direction
Dr. Jennifer S Scherer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Causes of Epilepsy
Epilepsy, also classified as seizure disorder, is a neurological disorder affecting the nervous system. A seizure is the result of electrical activity disturbance in the brain.There is no single cause for epilepsy for about half of the population with this condition. In other cases, the cause of...
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- What Causes Kidney Stones? How to Prevent and Treat Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. The occurrence of kidney stones is known as nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones in the urinary tract lead to a condition known as ureterolithiasis. Kidney stones are seen as a common occurrence in the medical world. One in twenty people tend to suffer from...
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- What Medical Conditions Are Associated with Blood in Urine?
Introduction:Blood in urine is more often than not a sign that there is something amiss in the body. It may signal a minor infection that need not worry you, but it could also be pointing to something more serious that is still undetected. Even if you appear to be in reasonably good health, it is...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Dr. Michael A Digiorno D.O.970 N Broadway Yonkers NY 10701
- Mr. Jackson Shaji D.O.970 N BROADWAY YONKERS NY 10701
- Dr. Jolly Mathew M.D.970 N Broadway Yonkers NY 10701
- Dr. Dominick F. Reda M.D.136 S Broadway Yonkers NY 10701
- Dr. Anil Joshi M.D.970 N Broadway Yonkers NY 10701
- Dr. Mauricio Valdes M.D.136 S Broadway Yonkers NY 10701