Dr. Patrick Box is a rheumatologist practicing in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Box specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Box treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
Univ of Fl Coll of Med, Gainesville Fl 1973
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
- Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, Rheumatology; Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Patrick Box MD's Practice location
Charlotte, NC 28210Get Direction
Dr. Patrick Box MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Muscle Relaxants for Fibromyalgia
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is known as a muscle-related pain syndrome or myofascial pain syndrome. It can be due to a general type of pain such as muscle pain or back pain, and certain tender areas in the body. Individuals suffering from fibromyalgia would have various tender spots in the...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Mental Health
Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the most common autoimmune diseases that affects people today. While the prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis means that more individuals suffer from this chronic condition and impact it has on their lives, there’s an upside too. Because rheumatoid arthritis is among...
- Letting Go: How to Live with Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a great example of a condition that can seriously impact the way all activities are carried out on a daily basis. However, with the correct mindset, people can easily overcome a situation, no matter how difficult may seem.In many cases, people do not have a positive attitude with...
- Avoiding Rheumatoid Arthritis Flare-Ups Before They Happen
Rheumatoid arthritis sufferers are no stranger to pain. There tends to be a general level of pain for sufferers that is magnified substantially when individuals suffer from flare-ups. Flare-ups can be debilitating and can cause joint swelling, pain, and fatigue that make it nearly impossible to...
- Does Physical Therapy Help or Hurt RA?
Over 40 million Americans suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, or related forms of arthritis. That’s one in eight people in America alone who have arthritis, and this number has increased by about 40 percent within the last 10 years.Arthritis (or inflammation of the joints) may be one...
- Third Rock from the Sun's Star Kristen Johnston Shares Battle with Lupus
Everyone knows Kristen Johnson from her hit role in the 90’s sitcom Third Rock from the Sun which ran from 1996 to 2001. However, some might also know her from her other exploits, like writing the book Guts: The Endless Follies and Tiny Triumphs, where she shares her battle against substance...
- Dr. Rinku M Bhatia MD827 Linden Ave Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Robert Kipnis MD1918 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Andrew Laster MD1918 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Gary Maniloff MD1918 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Cheryl R Robertson M.D.4525 Cameron Valley Pkwy Charlotte NC 28211
- Dr. Jane H Box MD10502 Park Rd Charlotte NC 28210