Dr. Michael S Stalvey MD
Endocronologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Endocrinology1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL, 35233
Dr. Michael Stalvey is a pediatric endocrinologist practicing in Worcester, MA. Dr. Stalvey specializes in growth, puberty, diabetes or other disorders related to hormones that produce certain conditions in children and growing young adults. Pediatric endocrinologists possess copious knowledge on hormone chemicals and how they can affect other parts of the body and their functions.
Education and Training
Univ of Fl Coll of Med, Gainesville Fl 1999
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med, Pediatrics
Dr. Michael S Stalvey MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
Dr. Michael S Stalvey MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stalvey
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Pre-digested Formula May Reduce the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes in Infants
A new study has shown that pre-digested formula may reduce the risk of Type 1 diabetes in infants who have a high risk for developing this condition. The study reports that babies who were fed on pre-digested formula had a 50% lower chance of developing the kind of antibodies that predict diabetes,...
- Teenagers with Type 1 Diabetes May Face Body Image Problems
Diabetes is a disease that affects an estimated one million people or more in the United states alone. It’s a disease that’s characterized by the body’s inability to make, process or use insulin sufficiently. Diabetes can affect just about anyone but there are risk factors that make some more...
- What is Apert Syndrome?
Apert syndrome, named after the French physician who described the condition for the first time, is a genetic disorder characterized by several birth defects. Children with this syndrome will have an abnormally developed face and skull. This syndrome is rare and in most cases, it develops even when...
- Link Found Between Hormone Therapies and Diabetes Among Transgender Patients
Transgender Patients and Recent Studies Relating to DiabetesThose who are having issues with diabetes already know what issues can be faced, in the present and down the road. Knowing when to seek help for these issues is challenging enough, but those who are transgender already face many more...
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- Dr. James Brewster Gardner M.D.1601 4th Ave. S. Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Gail J Mick M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Kenneth L Mccormick M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Ambika P Ashraf M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Amy M Burton M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Hussein D Abdul-latif M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233