Dr. Chun Kwan is an anesthesiologist practicing in Oklahoma City, OK. Dr. Kwan ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Kwan also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Ok Coll of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 1993
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine 1993
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Gain control of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor activity by receptor-like protein tyrosine phosphatase alpha.
- Abnormal rectal motor physiology in patients with irritable bowel syndrome.
- Characteristics of rectal perception are altered in irritable bowel syndrome.
- A functional interaction of sodium and calcium in the regulation of NMDA receptor activity by remote NMDA receptors.
- The removal of extracellular calcium: a novel mechanism underlying the recruitment of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors in neurotoxicity.
- Cortical thinning in IBS: implications for homeostatic, attention, and pain processing.
- Control of excitatory synaptic transmission by C-terminal Src kinase.
- Locally released small (non-protein) ninhydrin-reacting molecules underlie developmental differences of cultured medullary versus spinal dorsal horn neurons.
- Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med, Anesthesiology
- U Okla Coll Med
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine Program
Dr. Chun L Kwan M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Chun L Kwan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Muscular Dystrophy: Types and Designed Proteins for Treatment
Proteins, which sum up to 42% of the total dry weight in our body, play an important role as part of the red blood cells and as collagen. This is mainly responsible for holding our body parts together. Moreover, proteins also work together to activate an enzyme and turn on a gene. Muscles, on the...
- Ovarian Cancer: Why Do I Need a Hysterectomy?
Ovarian cancer is one of the most common cancers in women. Known to rapidly grow, the cancer can progress from early to advanced stages within a year. Therefore, many a times, the patient reaches the doctor only at the very end.To be diagnosed with ovarian cancer means that you are at a very high...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Sean Michael Summers MD5609 North Ross Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112
- Dr. Joshua Gore MD1000 N. Lincoln Blvd Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Timothy Talbot Tye D.O.750 Ne 13th St Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Michael Taylor Other921 Ne 13th St Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Matthew J Boeckman MD320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Dr. Xiangyang Zheng M.D.2825 Parklawn Dr Oklahoma City OK 73110