Dr. Raul M Portillo MD
Oncologist | Medical Oncology1901 Grandview Ave El Paso TX, 79902
Dr. Raul Portillo is an oncologist practicing in El Paso, TX. Dr. Portillo specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Portillo manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras Facultad de Ciencias Medicas 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Kidney Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Hematology-Internal Medicine; Tx Tech U Hlth Sci Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center 1983
- Texas Tech University (Amarillo) Health Sciences Center Program
- University of Colorado at Boulder 1986
Dr. Raul M Portillo MD's Practice location
El Paso, TX 79902Get Direction
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78212Get Direction
Dr. Raul M Portillo MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Portillo
- Multiple Myeloma: What is Autotransplantation?
During a stem cell transplantation or autotransplantation, the patient receives high chemotherapy dosage which is sometimes done to the entire body to get rid of the cells that are in the bone marrow (including the myeloma cells). Afterwards, the patient receives new stem cells to form...
- Is Leukemia Painful?
Leukemia is considered to be a cancer of the blood cells and bone marrow, as the abnormality causes an increase in the growth of blood cells, particularly the white blood cells, which in time can over power the normal healthy blood cells. This leads to the manifestations of different signs and...
- Treatment Options for Bladder Cancer
Treatment Options for Bladder CancerFor a doctor to decide the best treatment for your bladder cancer, he or she has to look at the progression of the disease and what stage it's at. As stages of bladder cancer are very crucial before making treatment decisions, your doctor will perform different...
- Even James Bond Couldn't Win This Battle for his Family
While many consider James Bond to symbolize infallibility and perfection, the man who is famous for playing him, Pierce Brosnan, unfortunately was not able to fight off ovarian cancer for his mother in-law, wife, or daughter.Loving CassandraBrosnan met Cassandra in the '70s, and they had a whirlwind...
- Student Makes Potential Breakthrough in Breast Cancer Treatment
New treatments make waves in the media frequently. Diseases affect everyone in one way or another. This makes them feel scary and unsolvable. Research is the light at the end of the tunnel that gives us a glimmer of hope. However, it is rarer for a treatment to become a breakthrough for a...
- New Advancement to Reduce Rate of Breast Cancer Spreading
One of the most difficult aspects of treating cancer is fighting against the speed at which the cancer spreads throughout the body. As cells grow and multiply, they begin to affect larger systems in the body, and can metastasize to different systems entirely. Once a cancer has spread from the...
- Dr. Ragene Ruth Rivera MD1901 Grandview Ave El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Byron H Chesbro MD1901 Grandview Ave El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Ines Joan Sanchez-rivera M.D.1901 Grandview Ave El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Sheeba Ann Varughese DO1901 GRANDVIEW AVE EL PASO TX 79902
- Dr. Fred N. Ekery M.D.1901 Grandview Ave El Paso TX 79902