Dr. John Esters is an optometrist practicing in Killeen, TX. Dr. Esters specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Esters performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Howard Univ Coll of Med, Washington Dc 1976
Howard University College of Medicine 1976
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Central Al Vet Hlthcare Sys, Ophthalmology St John Hosp & Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Va Hosp
- University of South Florida Morsani (James A Haley Veterans Hospital) Program
Dr. John R Esters M.D.'s Practice location
Killeen, TX 76549Get Direction
Dr. John R Esters M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Esters
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Cataracts?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is a condition known as cataracts. In patients with cataracts, proteins that are contained in the lens begin to break down, making the lens cloudy with an increase in age. Because cataracts develop very slowly, vision may not be affected right away and...
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- What are Bilateral Cataracts?
The lenses of healthy eyes are usually clear. Cataracts occur when a person's lenses become cloudy and opaque. Cataracts can affect both eyes at the same time, called bilateral cataracts. Bilateral cataracts are very common, but cataracts must occur on their own and cannot spread from one eye to the...
- What to Expect After LASIK Eye Surgery
LASIK eye surgery is a corrective procedure that aims to rectify vision distortions that are caused by the changing curvature of the cornea and shifting length of the eyeball. The cornea is a transparent coating that bulges on the outside of the eyeball, and allows light to penetrate its surface at...
- Dr. Michael John Reyes O.D.2609 N Main St Belton TX 76513
- Dr. Rita K Mallia O.D.36000 Darnall Loop Killeen TX 76544
- Dr. Geronimo Marten-ellis OD620-C Ft. Hood. Rd. Killeen TX 76541
- Dr. Amanda Jo browning Tucker OD2102 S W S Young Dr Killeen TX 76543
- Mrs. Micheline D Young OD304 E Highway 190 Copperas Cove TX 76522
- Joy Bodwell O.D.3213 E Central Texas Expy Killeen TX 76543