Dr. Louis Merriam is a general surgeon practicing in Montpelier, VT. Dr. Merriam specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Merriam provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Columbia Univ Coll of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 1991
- Cancer surgery in the elderly.
- Simulated laparoscopic sigmoidectomy training: responsiveness of surgery residents.
- Carbohydrates on human Fc gamma receptors. Interdependence of the classical IgG and nonclassical lectin-binding sites on human Fc gamma RIII expressed on neutrophils.
- Ligation-induced acute pancreatitis increases pancreatic circulating trypsinogen activation peptides.
- Laparoscopic splenectomy.
- Complement component C5 deficiency reduces edema formation in murine ligation-induced acute pancreatitis.
- Northwestern Univ Med Sch, General Surgery
Dr. Louis Thayer Merriam M.D.'s Practice location
Montpelier, VT 05602Get Direction
East Setauket, NY 11733Get Direction
Dr. Louis Thayer Merriam M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Merriam
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Reasons Why You Need a Tonsillectomy
A tonsillectomy is a surgical procedure performed to get rid of one's tonsils. The same procedure can be used to remove the adenoids. For adults, the administration of a local anesthesia to numb the throat is enough. However, children may have to be given general anesthesia, which makes them...
- Hydrocephalus: What Is It?
Hydrocephalus is a condition where there is too much cerebrospinal fluid in the head. It comes from the Greek words “hydro”, which means water, and “cephalus”, which means head. It is a component of several congenital health problems, but may be caused by head injuries, too. In some cases,...
- How to Prepare for an Ablation
An ablation is a surgery that removes body tissue. Once your ablation has been discussed, it is wise to consider some shared risk factors which you may control. The following shared risk factors are important to consider before your ablation....
- What are the Treatment Options for Hernia
Hernia occurs when an organ protrudes through an opening or a tissue that keeps it in place. There are several types of hernia including inguinal, incisional, hiatal, and more. While some hernias have visible symptoms such as a lump or acidity in stomach, others are asymptotic. The latter type of...
- Dr. Eduards Gunars Ziedins M.D.130 Fisher Rd Montpelier VT 05602
- Dr. Mark E. Crane MD286 Hospital Loop Montpelier VT 05602
- Dr. Laurie Spaulding MD130 Fisher Rd Montpelier VT 05602
- Dr. Michael H Mason MD286 Hospital Loop Montpelier VT 05602
- Dr. David W. Butsch M.D.3270 Airport Road Berlin Barre VT 05641
- Dr. David Angstreich M.D.Fisher Road Barre VT 05641