Dr. Derek R Brinster M.D.
Cardiothoracic Surgeon1250 E Marshall Street Surgery Richmond VA, 23298
Dr. Derek Brinster is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Richmond, VA. Dr. Brinster specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Brinster typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania 1996
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- New paradigms and improved results for the surgical treatment of acute type A dissection.
- Midterm results of the edge-to-edge technique for complex mitral valve repair.
- Invited commentary.
- Endovascular repair of the descending thoracic aorta for penetrating atherosclerotic ulcer disease.
- Invited commentary.
- Endovascular repair of blunt thoracic aortic injuries.
- Open heart surgery for removal of polymethylmethacrylate after percutaneous vertebroplasty.
- Invited commentary.
- Minimally invasive technique for iliac revascularization after large-bore sheath traumatic avulsion.
- Combined treatment of traumatic aortic transection and Kommerell diverticulum.
- Endovascular abdominal aortic stent grafting in unrecognized Salmonella aortitis.
- Aggressive progression of penetrating atheromatous ulcer of the descending thoracic aorta.
- Simplified technique of total aortic arch replacement with minimal circulatory and myocardial ischemia.
- Edge-to-edge repair for prevention and treatment of mitral valve systolic anterior motion.
- Endovascular treatment of a malpositioned screw in the thoracic aorta after anterior spinal instrumentation: the screwed aorta.
- Brigham and Women's Hospital Harvard Med School
Dr. Derek R Brinster M.D.'s Practice location
Richmond, VA 23298Get Direction
NEW YORK, NY 10075Get Direction
Dr. Derek R Brinster M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brinster
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Mr. Gundars Janis Katlaps MD1200 E Broad St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Mohammed A Quader MD1250 E Marshall Street Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Mark R Bladergroen M.D.5875 Bremo Rd Richmond VA 23226
- Dr. Joseph James Zocco M.D.7101 Jahnke Rd Richmond VA 23225
- Dr. Daniel Giunway Tang M.D.1200 E Broad St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Chiwon Hahn M.D.7101 Jahnke Rd Richmond VA 23225