Dr. Waleed Wasfy Shindy M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology630 S Raymond Ave Suite 240 Pasadena CA, 91105
Dr. Waleed Shindy is a gastroenterologist practicing in Pasadena, CA. Dr. Shindy specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Shindy performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Geffen UCLA School of Medicine 1997
University of California 1997
- Export of photosynthate affected when leaves are pretreated with growth substances.
- Benzyladenine-induced Movement of C-Labeled Photosynthate into Roots of Vitis
- Absorption and distribution of high specific radioactivity 2-C-abscisic Acid in
- Identification of plant hormones from cotton ovules.
- Metabolism of ( 14 C)naphthaleneacetic acid in Kinnow mandarin.
- Naphthaleneacetic acid disappearance and residue studies in citrus.
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Dr. Waleed Wasfy Shindy M.D.'s Practice location
Pasadena, CA 91105Get Direction
Dr. Waleed Wasfy Shindy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shindy
- Developing a Meal Plan for Crohn's and Colitis
You may have heard before that what you eat can cause Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), or other digestive diseases. This is a common misconception about these conditions that’s often perpetuated, but it’s not correct. While physicians aren’t entirely sure what causes...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- Avoid Delaying Acute Ulcerative Colitis Surgery, Study Says
The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons Annual Scientific Meeting presented data that showed postoperative complications and longer hospital stays were more common in patients with acute ulcerative colitis, for whom surgery was postponed. Ira Leeds, general surgery resident of the...
- Actress Jennifer Esposito Shares her Celiac Disease Misdiagnosis
Jennifer Esposito, the star of films like Crash and popular television shows like Spin City and NCIS, has been suffering in silent frustration for almost 25 years…until she found out about celiac disease from a doctor who would truly listen—and pay heed to what she was going through.Esposito...
- What Is Hematochezia?
Introduction Discovering blood after a bowel movement can be a frightening experience. If you notice a bright red to black-colored blood in your stool, in the toilet bowl, or on the toilet paper, you may be experiencing rectal bleeding. Having blood in your stool does not always signal a serious...
- Rate of Inflammatory Bowel Disease Jumps 15% in Industrialized Countries
Every year, around 600,000 Americans are diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), a group of chronic, inflammatory disorders that vary in root cause and degree of inflammation. Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are two of the most common inflammatory disorders that affect the lining...
- Dr. Jeffrey H. Sherman MD8631 West 3rd Street Los Angeles California 90048
- Dr. Said Rahban MD6333 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048
- Ian Renner5901 W. Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90036
- Dr. Emeran A Mayer MD100 UCLA Medical Plaza Los Angeles California 90095
- Dr. Farshid Sam Rahbar M.D., FACP2080 Century Park E Los Angeles CA 90067
- Dr. Nicholas Karyotakis MD2080 Century Park East Los Angeles CA 90067