Dr. Judah Skolnick practices Pulmonology in Louisville, KY. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Skolnick manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Univ of Louisville Sch of Med, Louisville Ky 1965
University of Louisville School of Medicine 1965
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
- Tuberculous meningitis.
- Achievement of steady state optimizes results when performing indirect calorimetry.
- Blood pressure changes in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and hypertension completing phase II pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Blastomycosis: a reminder of Kentucky's other fungus.
- Hyperbaric oxygen treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning: observations based on 8 years experience.
- Young's syndrome: an often unrecognized correctable cause of obstructive azoospermia.
- Univ Of Louisville Hosp, Internal Medicine; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Internal Medicine
- Mayo Clin
Dr. Judah L Skolnick M.D.'s Practice location
Louisville, KY 40202Get Direction
Dr. Judah L Skolnick M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- COPD: Nicotine Replacement Therapy
Cessation of Smoking and Medication UseThe first goal for patients with COPD who smoke is to get the patient to quit smoking. When a patient with COPD stops smoking, breathing will not be as difficult as it has been while the patient was smoking. Moreover, even if the patient is diligently taking...
- Pneumonia: Visiting a Lung Specialist
For a person suffering from pneumonia it is important to visit a lung specialist for guidance on how to treat and prevent pneumonia. Most people do not visit a specialist until the problem has become more serious, which can be dangerous. However, there are a number of things you should know before...
- Recent Study Evaluates Venous Blood Clot Risk in Children with Cystic Fibrosis
Children with cystic fibrosis may be at risk of developing what's called a venous thromboembolism. This is essentially a blood clot that forms in the deep veins of the body, most often in the lower legs. These clots can be extremely dangerous because they can dislodge and travel to vital organs,...
- What Is Orthopnea?
OrthopneaOrthopnea is a condition that causes breathing difficulties when an individual is lying down. It usually happens at night when the person is going to sleep. People with orthopnea usually experience tightness in the chest and being oxygen-deficit. The shortness of breath is due to lying down...
- Causes and Treatment of a Persistent Cough
What is a persistent cough?It can be annoying to have a cough that lasts for more than a couple of weeks. A cough is considered chronic or persistent if it does not go away after four weeks in children and eight weeks in adults. However, most persistent coughs are due to colds, flu, infection, or...
- Causes and Treatments of Croup (Barking Cough)
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup. It is a medical condition that tends to irritate a child's upper airways. It can also be used to describe the inflammation of the larynx and trachea in children. There are a variety of reasons or inflammatory conditions, which...
- Dr. Ervin H. Anaya M.D.4003 Kresge Way Louisville KY 40207
- Dr. Abid S. Butt M.D.521 Moye Blvd Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Jinesh Mehta M.D.201 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. Mhd Haitham Chaker MD250 E Liberty St Louisville KY 40202
- Mr. Warlito Aviles Bautista MD1311 Spring St Jeffersonville IN 47130
- Dr. Allan Marvin Ramirez M.D.1364 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322