Dr. Vijayalakshmi S Pratha MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology3330 3rd Ave Suite 304 San Diego CA, 92103
Dr. Vijayalakshmi Pratha is a gastroenterologist practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Pratha specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Pratha performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Andhra Medical College, Univ of Health Sciences MD 1986
Andhra Medical College 1986
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Identification of transport abnormalities in duodenal mucosa and duodenal enterocytes from patients with cystic fibrosis.
- A role for guanylate cyclase C in acid-stimulated duodenal mucosal bicarbonate secretion.
- Heat-stable enterotoxin of Escherichia coli stimulates a non-CFTR-mediated duodenal bicarbonate secretory pathway.
- Comparison of the effects of immediate-release omeprazole oral suspension, delayed-release lansoprazole capsules and delayed-release esomeprazole capsules on nocturnal gastric acidity after bedtime dosing in patients with night-time GERD symptoms.
- The effect of once daily omeprazole and succinic acid (VECAM) vs once daily omeprazole on 24-h intragastric pH.
- A randomized, crossover pharmacodynamic study of immediate-release omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate and delayed-release lansoprazole in healthy adult volunteers.
- Utility of endoscopic biopsy samples to quantitate human duodenal ion transport.
- Eating Disorders
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Wayne State University School of Medicine Program
Dr. Vijayalakshmi S Pratha MD's Practice location
San Diego, CA 92103Get Direction
Dr. Vijayalakshmi S Pratha MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pratha
- What Is Gastroenteritis: Get the Facts
Gastroenteritis, commonly known as "gastro", is a type of infection/inflammation that affects the human digestive system.A number of germs can cause gastroenteritis. They include: Viruses, especially those relating to norovirus, rotavirus, and hepatitis A. Bacteria such as the Salmonella,...
- What Is Cholera: Get the Facts
Cholera is a very dangerous disease, which is caused by the bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Someone infected with cholera experiences painless and watery diarrhea. Due to continuous diarrhea, one is likely to develop dehydration which can result in death. Many people who get cholera happen to...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- How Is Hepatitis C Transmitted?
Hepatitis CHepatitis C causes inflammation of the liver. The incubation period of the hepatitis C virus is 6-7 weeks. After the incubation period, symptoms begin to show. However, approximately 80 percent of people with acute hepatitis may show no symptoms. Other types of hepatitis are hepatitis A...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Gluten Enzyme Pills: Do They Actually Work?
Some years have passed since the first time gluten enzyme pills showed up in the news. Alternative treatments to a gluten-free diet have been under research since the first time the condition was diagnosed. It is important to keep researching possible solutions and ways to counter or simply stop...
- Dr. Donald C. Lipkis MD6719 Alvarado Road San Diego California 92120
- Dr. David M Roseman M.D.9850 Genesee Ave La Jolla CA 92037
- Dr. Barbara H Jung M.D.9500 Gilman Dr La Jolla CA 92093
- Dr. Richard Joel Snyder MD8008 Frost St San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Sergio Rene Flores MD8008 Frost St San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Ali Banaie M.D.8860 Center Drive La Mesa CA 91942