Dr. Elisa Mullen is a speech language pathologist practicing in SAN ANTONIO, TX. Dr. Mullen specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mullen evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mullen helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Elisa Mullen SLP's Practice location
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78210Get Direction
Elisa Mullen SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Georgeana Holton SLP3031 W IH 10 SAN ANTONIO TX 78201
- Mrs. Devon Elizabeth Byrd MS CCC-SLP4212 E SOUTHCROSS BLVD STE 110 SAN ANTONIO TX 78222
- Ms. Marie Antonette Wilson MS CCC SLP411 SW 24TH ST SAN ANTONIO TX 78207
- Ms. Jenna Mackenzie M.S., CCC-SLP7400 MERTON MINTER ST SAN ANTONIO TX 78229
- Carolina Hurla15911 NACOGDOCHES RD SAN ANTONIO TX 78247
- Chantal H Jarzombek M.S., CCC-SLP19026 STONE OAK PARKWAY SAN ANTONIO TX 78258