Dr. Kalpana Desai is a general practitioner practicing in Utica, NY. Dr. Desai does not specialize in one area of medicine, however provides routine health care services. General practitioners typically have regular, even life-long patients who they provide health care services to. Dr. Desai provides services including physical exams, immunizations, and diagnosing and treating multiple illnesses and injuries. General practitioners typically work in private offices and clinics and have staffs of nurses and administators.
Education and Training
B.J. Medical College, Pune, Maharashtra, India 1983
BYRAMJEE JEEJEEBHOY MEDICAL COLLEGE (BJ MED COLL) 1985
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM- 2003
- High Cholesterol
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Adjustment Disorder
- Vascular Disease
- MemberFLORIDA MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
- Member AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PHYSICIAN OF INDIAN ORIGIN
- Member American Board of Bariatric Medicine
- Member American Association of Family Practice
- Bassett Healthcare
- St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Utica 1994
- St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Utica 1995
- Bassett Medical Center Program
Dr. Kalpana Pankaj Desai MD's Practice location
Utica, NY 13501Get Direction
Lady Lake, FL 32159Get Direction
Dr. Kalpana Pankaj Desai MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia?
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) is a very serious disease, which is characterized by a fluid buildup and inflammation in the lungs. This lung infection is caused by the fungus Pneumocystis jiroveci. It is an opportunistic disease that usually infects immunosuppressed individuals, especially...
- AIDS: What you Need to Know
HIV and AIDSAIDS and HIV go hand in hand. First, let's talk about HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus). HIV attacks the body's immune system. This was first discovered in Central Africa from chimpanzees. It is believed to be transferred to humans when humans hunted chimpanzees and came in contact with...
- Tips for Hydrated Lips
Skin always bears the brunt of the climate, attacked by sun, wind, cold and dry air. Lips, made of mucous membranes, have thin surface layers and are vulnerable to all of the above much more than the skin, which we usually protect with creams and lotions. Research shows that we lose 10 times more...
- Foods to Avoid When Suffering From IBS
IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a common functional disorder of the gut. A functional disorder means that there is a problem with the function of a body part but not its structure. IBS affects the large intestines. It causes cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea, and constipation. IBS...
- Simple Diet Changes Can Treat Hypertension
Simple Diet Changes Can Treat HypertensionMost people would like to avoid the use of medications for their health issues whenever possible. Dietary approaches to stop hypertension such as the DASH diet were developed for this particular reason. Not only does it provide a healthy way in which to...
- What are the Treatment Options for Syphilis?
What is syphilis?Syphilis is a very dangerous disease if not diagnosed early and treated with proper medication. Worse, it may even lead to death. Syphilis is caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum and has four stages in its pathogenesis. It is one of those diseases which does not have typical...
- Dr. Biju M Lukose M.D.1617 N James St Rome NY 13440
- Dr. Julie Potzick M.D.1049 E Wilson St Batavia IL 60510
- Dr. Richard Chmielewski DO120 Hobart St Utica NY 13501
- Dr. Russell Henry Zelman MDBuilding 40-4 Watervliet NY 12189
- Dr. Theodore Conrad Max9495 W Main St Holland Patent NY 13354
- Dr. Coral D. Nicholas Other750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210