Dr. Amy A. Leverant M.D.
Ophthalmologist6320 W Union Hills Dr Suite 230 Glendale AZ, 85308
Dr. Amy Leverant is an ophthalmologist practicing in Glendale, AZ. Dr. Leverant specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Leverant can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Leverant can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Az Coll of Med, Tucson Az 1988
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Children'S Hosp Of L A, Ophthalmology; L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Ophthalmology; Good Samaritan Reg Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Doheny Eye Institute 1989
Dr. Amy A. Leverant M.D.'s Practice location
Glendale, AZ 85308Get Direction
Dr. Amy A. Leverant M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Leverant
- Everything You Need to Know About Lasik Eye Surgery
Nearsightedness or myopia, farsightedness or hyperopia and astigmatism or blurred vision are collectively referred as refractive disorders which commonly affect the eyes. They occur as a consequence of disease, injury or progressive aging. The weakening of the eye lens and lengthening or shortening...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- What are the Side Effects of Cataract Surgery?
Cataract is a disease which makes an eye lens to appear cloudy, thus reducing the eyesight. A normal eye lens assists in focusing light onto the retina for clear and undistorted image appearance. When a cataract forms in the eye, it makes images appear blurred and distorted. Although cataracts can...
- What is Cataract Surgery?
The exact cause of cataracts is not known. Nevertheless, it seems that most cataracts are caused by long-term variations in the eye lens protein components which in turn causes cloudiness in the lens. Though not common, cataracts can affect infants and young children due to genetic enzyme...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cataract Surgery
Unfortunately, no particular drug or types of eye drops have been found to specifically reverse or prevent the formation of cataracts. There are eyeglasses that can be recommended by your doctor if you develop nearsightedness or blurred vision as a result of cataract formation. A surgical procedure...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Dr. Jordan M. Graff MD4800 North 22nd Street Phoenix Arizona 85206
- Dr. Paul M. Petelin Jr. MD14275 North 87th Street Scottsdale Arizona 85260
- Rahul K. Reddy18399 North 94th Place Scottsdale Arizona 85255
- Dr. Aaron G. Amacher M.D.3025 Matlock Rd Arlington TX 76015
- Dr. Eva-Marie B. Chong MD10250 North 92nd Street Scottsdale Arizona 85258
- Dr. Mandi D Conway MD7600 North 15th Street Phoenix AZ 85020