Dr. Michael Fleischer is an ophthalmologist practicing in Westwood, NJ. Dr. Fleischer specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Fleischer can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Fleischer can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch- New Brunswick Nj 1995
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Cataract Surgery With Lens Replacement, Refractive Surgery
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- FellowAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology
- Mt Sinai Sch Of Med, Ophthalmology; Mt Sinai Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals 1996
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Program A
Dr. Michael S Fleischer MD's Practice location
Westwood, NJ 07675Get Direction
Dr. Michael S Fleischer MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fleischer
- What is Color Blindness?
Color blindness is not a real blindness but a deficiency in seeing colors. People having color blindness can’t distinguish between certain colors, like red and green, or blue and yellow. The red and green color deficiency is the most common type of this condition.What causes color blindness?It is...
- Cataract Surgery: What is an Intraocular Lens?
When the eye’s natural lenses are removed during cataract surgery, they are replaced by artificial lenses known as intraocular lenses (IOLs). They are also used to correct a patient’s vision during a surgical procedure known as refractive lens exchange.Intraocular lenses are FDA-approved and...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- Reasons Why You Would Need Laser Eye Surgery
Fast on the heels of FDA approval, the passage of nearly two decades has seen Lasik eye surgery (laser in situ keratomileusis), assuming the number one spot in elective surgical procedures opted by the American public. Lasik has redefined eye care by surgically reshaping the cornea of the eye in...
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a very popular surgical procedure to correct and improve vision, and reduces an individual's dependence on contact lenses and glasses. It is a very common refractive surgical procedure to correct different types of vision issues, including nearsightedness,...
- How Long Does It Take To Get A Cataract Removed?
How Cataract Surgery is Performed Prior to a cataracts surgery, you will have to attend an eye assessment with an ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist will first examine your health condition and any previous eye treatments. They will also check for any other eye problems currently affecting...
- Dr. Jeremy M Cotliar M.D.130 FORT WASHINGTON AVE NEW YORK NY 10032
- Dr. Scott Forman MD95 Grasslands Rd Valhalla NY 10595
- Dr. Tod Haller MD30-74 36th St Queens New York 11103
- Julia P. Shulman20 East 9th Street New York New York 10003
- Dr. Kurt Jackson M.D.216 Engle Street Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Dr. Jacqueline Dauhajre MD140 East 80th Street New York New York 10075