Dr. Daniel Bauer is a pediatric hematologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Bauer specializes in treating children that have a blood disease or cancer. Such blood diseases include disorders of red blood cells, white blood cells and/or platelets. The types of cancers that Dr. Bauer treats include leukemias, lymphomas and certain tumors. Dr. Bauer can also treat bleeding disorders in children. Pediatric hematologists can be found in childrens hospitals, community hospitals, university medical centers and more.
Education and Training
Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania 2003
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Alkylating DNA damage stimulates a regulated form of necrotic cell death.
- ATP citrate lyase is an important component of cell growth and transformation.
- BCL11A enhancer dissection by Cas9-mediated in situ saturating mutagenesis.
- Genetic treatment of a molecular disorder: gene therapy approaches to sickle cell disease.
- A genome editing primer for the hematologist.
- Fetal haemoglobin in sickle-cell disease: from genetic epidemiology to new therapeutic strategies.
- Analyzing CRISPR genome-editing experiments with CRISPResso.
- Forward genetic screen of human transposase genomic rearrangements.
- Quantitative assessment of timing, efficiency, specificity and genetic mosaicism of CRISPR/Cas9-mediated gene editing of hemoglobin beta gene in rhesus monkey embryos.
- Genome-wide association study of red blood cell traits in Hispanics/Latinos: The Hispanic Community Health Study/Study of Latinos.
- An erythroid-specific ATP2B4 enhancer mediates red blood cell hydration and malaria susceptibility.
- Growing and Genetically Manipulating Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Erythroid Progenitor (HUDEP) Cell Lines.
Dr. Daniel E Bauer MD, PHD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02115Get Direction
Dr. Daniel E Bauer MD, PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- Occupational Therapy vs. Physical Therapy
Therapy is synonymous with treatment, which means that it is a course of action taken to correct a particular health problem. As with other fields, there are different approaches to therapy such as occupational and physical therapy. They are both recognized professions and the practitioners must be...
- 6 Remedies For Itchy Skin with Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia symptoms are very similar to autoimmune conditions, and they vary from person to person. Fibromyalgia symptoms can include weakness, fatigue, constant muscle pain, and unexplained pain throughout your body. Another symptom, which might be uncommon, is pruritus or severe itching. ...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- How Is Leukemia Diagnosed?
Leukemia in its early stages may present no signs or symptoms, as these only appear when the leukemia cells have taken over a large number of normal blood cells. A person with leukemia is very lucky indeed if early-stage detection occurs incidentally, through a routine blood test or one done for...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- Dr. Raffaele Renella M.D., PH.D.300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Eva Catharina Guinan MD44 Binney St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Christina K Ullrich M.D.44 Binney St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Akiko Shimamura MD, PHD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Susan N Chi MD44 Binney St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Susanne Baumeister MD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115