Dr. Arlee Maier is a psychologist practicing in Walnut Creek, CA. Dr. Maier specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Maier evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Maier because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Arlee S. Maier PH.D.'s Practice location
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Get Direction
Dr. Arlee S. Maier PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- “Did You Say Mama?” Five-Year-Old with Nonverbal Autism Surprises Parents
Around 30% of individuals on the autism spectrum use only a few words or do not speak at all. These individuals are described as having nonverbal autism and 5-year-old Taylor Blakenship from Athens, Alabama is one of them. ...
- How to Handle the Most Challenging Autism Behaviors
There will be difficult moments while raising a child with autism that a parent will find hard to deal with. However, there are certain situations that can be resolved with patience and knowledge of autism and how it can affect someone. By understanding what the child is feeling when they are...
- Why Workplaces Need Employees with Autism
While those with disabilities have an extremely high unemployment rate, many companies are finally beginning to hire those with autism, as their value is starting to be recognized.New programsWhile many with autism have formerly been rejected time and again in their job searches, companies like...
- How is Binge Eating Disorder Diagnosed?
Binge eating disorder can often go undetected for long periods of time because it is a condition characterized by shame, denial and secrecy. Being open about it is always the first step to its diagnosis. This makes diagnosis of this particular eating disorder challenging in most cases. Binge eating...
- “Cancer Anger” - An Explanation
Following a cancer diagnosis, it is normal to be overwhelmed with a lot of different emotions. Some individuals may feel shocked and frightened, while others may feel sad, guilty, or upset. There is no right way to feel. ...
- What Is Extrinsic Motivation?
IntroductionExtrinsic motivation is defined as a reward-driven behavior and is considered as a type of operant conditioning, which is a form of behavior modification that would make use of rewards and punishments. When we talk about extrinsic motivation, it involves the use of rewards or other...
- Dr. Susan Elizabeth Scatena PHD11891 Flanagan Ct Dublin California 94568
- Dr. Sheila Wu O.D.520 South Lafayette Park Place Los Angeles California 90057
- Dr. Karyn Sue Goldberg-Boltz PH.D.2930 Camino Diablo Walnut Creek California 94597
- Dr. Stancil Joseph lister Hutchinson PSY.D.730 Alhambra Blvd. Sacramento CA 95816
- Dr. Elke Jahn PH.D.800 Menlo Ave Menlo Park CA 94025
- Dr. Britney Blair PSY.D., CBSM425 1st St San Francisco CA 94105