Dr. Melvyn Donald Bert M.D.
Ophthalmologist490 Post St Suite 1632 San Francisco CA, 94102
Dr. Melvyn Bert is an ophthalmologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Bert specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Bert can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Bert can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll of Med, Syracuse Ny 1967
State University of New York Upstate Medical University 1967
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- 2012San Francisco Super Doctors
- Ophthalmology (eye Disease)
- Macular Degeneration
- FellowAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology
- Ny Eye Ear Infirmary, Ophthalmology; San Francisco Gen Hosp M C, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary 1970
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York Eye and Ear Infirmary at Mount Sinai) Program
Dr. Melvyn Donald Bert M.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94102Get Direction
Dr. Melvyn Donald Bert M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bert
- Alternative Treatments For Cataracts
Approximately, a fifth of all people above the age of 60 have at least mild cataracts, and at the age of 75, that number increases significantly.A cataract presents itself as a reduction of clarity in the eye lens. A normal eye lens is comprised of clear water and variety of proteins. The lens...
- What is Eye Melanoma?
What is eye melanoma?Eye melanoma is also known as ocular melanoma. It is a type of cancer that develops in the eye, from the melanin-producing cells.Melanoma is a type of malignant cancer that develops in the melanin-producing cells all over the human body. Melanin-producing cells are known for the...
- What are Cataracts: Get the Facts
Cataract is the blurring of the lens part of the eye that can lead to complications in vision. Aging is the cause of the common form of cataract. It grows slowly and should symptoms develop they should not be ignored as this condition worsens with time. Congenital defects, previous eye surgery,...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- Are Colored Contact Lenses Safe?
Contact lenses are popular for its two most important characteristics: flexibility and convenience. Based on their usage, contact lenses are categorized into two types: vision correcting lenses, and decorative lenses. Decorative lenses are used to improve the look of the eyes. Generally, these...
- Reasons Why You Would Need Laser Eye Surgery
Fast on the heels of FDA approval, the passage of nearly two decades has seen Lasik eye surgery (laser in situ keratomileusis), assuming the number one spot in elective surgical procedures opted by the American public. Lasik has redefined eye care by surgically reshaping the cornea of the eye in...
- Dr. Rona Zel Silkiss M.D.400 29th Street Oakland California 94609
- Stephanie M. Po1635 Divisadero Street San Francisco California 94115
- Mr. Andrew George Iwach MD55 Stevenson St San Francisco CA 94105
- Dr. Gayle L Shimokaji MD1000 S Elisco Greenbrae CA 94904
- Dr. Sanjay Bansal M.D.3540 MENDOCINO AVENUE SANTA ROSA CA 95403
- Dr. Solomon Samuel Gelbart M.D.490 Post St San Francisco CA 94102