Dr. Darius Francescatti is a general surgeon practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Francescatti specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Francescatti provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Loyola Univ of Chicago Stritch Sch of Med, Maywood Il 1971
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine 1971
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Upper intestinal microflora patterns following gastric surgery.
- Ductal lavage using medically aseptic technique in women at high risk for breast cancer.
- Ductal lavage in the high-risk patient.
- Twelve-month follow-up results of a trial utilizing Axxent electronic brachytherapy to deliver intraoperative radiation therapy for early-stage breast cancer.
- The influence of gastric surgery on the intestinal flora.
- Breast Cancer
- Loyola Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery; St Joseph Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Hines Va Med Center
- Exempla St Joseph Hospital Program
Dr. Darius S Francescatti M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
Dr. Darius S Francescatti M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Francescatti
- Recovery from an Appendectomy
The surgical removal of the appendix is very safe nowadays because of laparoscopy, which basically involves inserting a little tube with a camera on it to see the internal parts of the body. In a laparoscopy, surgeons will make a very small incision and see everything in detail while they...
- What to Expect After Recovery from an Appendectomy
Appendectomy is the term that is used in the medical field to refer to a surgical operation used to remove the appendix. The appendix is a small tube-shaped pouch that is attached to the large intestines. An appendectomy is an emergency operation that is conducted to treat the inflammation of the...
- 3 Reasons Why You Would Need a Hysterectomy
The uterus or womb, which nurtures and gestates a growing fetus till it becomes mature enough for delivery, can also become the source of life-threatening complications that require surgical intervention. There are at least three prominent reasons why a hysterectomy (uterus removal) might be...
- Reasons Why You Need a Gallbladder Surgery
The gallbladder is found under the liver on the right side of the abdomen. It has the shape of a pear and looks like a small sac. Your liver produces a fluid used during digestion known as bile. The gallbladder stores bile before releasing it into the small intestine. If the gallbladder is infected...
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cholecystectomy
A cholecystectomy is a type of surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Although the gallbladder’s function is to store bile, which helps in your digestion, you can still live a healthy life without it. Gallbladder removal through surgery is the most effective treatment in dealing with gallbladder...
- Jaishankar Raman MBBS, MMED, FRACS, P180 Harvester Dr Willowbrook IL 60527
- Dr. Samson Chan MD2333 W. Irving Park Rd Chicago IL 60618
- Garcia Roca825 North Hoyne Avenue Chicago Illinois 60622
- Dr. Bryce Joseph chalmar Bardezbanian MD840 S Wood St Chicago IL 60612
- Mr. Jason Long M.D.5841 S. Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637