Dr. Florence Shai practices Endocrinology in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Shai specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Shai examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Drexel University College of Medicine
MCP HAHNEMANN UNIV (FORMERLY ALLEGHENY UNIV) 1956
Dr. Florence Shai MD MPH's Practice location
Brooklyn, NY 11230Get Direction
Dr. Florence Shai MD MPH's reviewsWrite Review
- All About Addison's Disease
What is Addison’s disease?One of the ways in which the body maintains proper balance is by using certain chemical messengers called as hormones. This done so to regulate various functions in the body. There is a small adrenal gland present above each kidney. These glands work to produce hormones,...
- What Is a Thyroid Biopsy?
In a thyroid biopsy, a small tissue sample of your thyroid gland is removed and then examined under a microscope to test for an infection, cancer cells, and other thyroid disorders. The thyroid is a small gland located in lower part of the neck, just below the larynx. The gland's main function is...
- What is Type 1 Diabetes?
What is an auto-immune disease?Your immune system protects you from foreign invaders such as virus, bacteria, and fungus by destroying them. In auto-immune diseases, the body mistakes self tissues to be foreign and destroys them. In other words, auto-immunity is an abnormal condition in which the...
- It’s Never Too Late: Woman Lost 250 Pounds After Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and Diabetes
Clocking at over 405 pounds, Elle Goodall needed to change her habits. After being diagnosed with diabetes mellitus at age 26, doctors warned her that she would not live past her 40s due to obesity. Instead of slumping into depression, she decided to make herself feel better.Changing Her Diet Plan...
- Holistic Treatments for Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism is a very common condition in which the thyroid glands are unable to produce adequate hormones to maintain the metabolic level of the body. A low amount of thyroid hormones in the blood also affects the energy production in cells. This leads to fatigue and exhaustion, even with...
- Dr. Edward M Condon MD6080 jericho turnpike Commack NY 11725
- Dr. Martin Greenfield MD2 Prohealth Plaza Lake Success New York 11042
- Dr. Dina S. Prus MD264 Boyden Avenue Maplewood New Jersey 07040
- Dr. Justina May Deitz D.O.180 Engle Street Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Dr. Tatiana Baron D.O.3003 New Hyde Park Road New Hyde Park New York 11042
- Aruna D. Poduval85 West Burnside Avenue Bronx New York 10453