Dr. Syed Arzoo Mehdi MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology113, Holland Avenue Iii-K, Hem/Onc, Vamc Albany NY, 12208
Dr. Syed Mehdi is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Albany, NY. Dr. Mehdi specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Karachi Medical and Dental College 1984
- Prostate Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Program
Dr. Syed Arzoo Mehdi MD's Practice location
Albany, NY 12208Get Direction
Dr. Syed Arzoo Mehdi MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mehdi
- Little Boy Tugs at Heartstrings of Entire Community: Be the Match!
Danny Feltwell, a young six-year-old boy, was diagnosed with T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma when he was just two years old. After undergoing countless procedures and just four months from being considered fully cured, Danny relapsed and had to be re-hospitalized. The doctors found that a large tumor...
- Roles of the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) is a nonprofit, cancer advocacy organization that is located just outside of Washington D.C. To date, it is the oldest survivor-led cancer advocacy organization in the United States.The NCCS represents millions of Americans who share a common...
- Schools Join the Fight Against Lymphoma and Blood Cancers
Students at St. Paul Catholic School in Weirton, West Virginia have made their mark in the battle against cancer. By participating in a Student Series program hosted by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, students were able to raise $2,006.93 and donate the proceeds to discovering a cure for...
- Can Multiple Myeloma be Asymptomatic?
Early treatment for persons suffering from multiple myeloma that is asymptomatic may not be beneficial. The initial stages for multiple myeloma do not show symptoms, and this is known as being asymptomatic.The treatment for persons with asymptomatic multiple myeloma should be deferred up to when the...
- The Effect of Sunshine on Lymphoma
Having a lack of enough vitamin D can drastically effect one's ability to fight many cancers, including lymphoma. So, researchers inevitably wondered whether the addition of Vitamin D to preexisting therapies would prolong patients' lives. The Wilmot Cancer Institute received a $3 million grant for...
- Promising Results for Hodgkin Patients Using This Therapy
Researcher Dr. Bradford S. Hoppe and his colleagues at the University of Florida College of Medicine have recently found that the addition of proton therapy to first-line chemotherapy regimens may improve outcomes for patients with Hodgkin lymphoma.Lymphoma is classically treated with both...
- Dr. Peter Lamparello M.D.400 Patroon Creek Blvd Albany NY 12206
- Dr. Thomas L. Goodman MD2125 River Road Schenectady NY 12309
- Dr. Michael Kolodziej M.D.400 Patroon Creek Blvd Albany NY 12206
- Dr. Ira Zackon M.D.1003 Louden Cohoes NY 12047
- Mrs. Lucy Sourial MD247 Third Ave New York NY 10010
- Dr. Stewart Silvers M.D.896 Riverview Rd Rexford NY 12148