Dr. Jay Menitove is a pathologist practicing in Kansas City, MO. Dr. Menitove is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Menitove can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Menitove may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1971
New York University School of Medicine 1971
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
- A feasibility evaluation of an automated blood component collection system platelets and red cells.
- Cord blood banking: blood banking, ethical, and related issues.
- Immunoprophylaxis for D- patients receiving platelet transfusions from D+ [correction of D-] donors?
- A historical cohort study of the effect of lowering body iron through blood donation on incident cardiac events.
- Immunoprophylaxis for D- patients receiving platelet transfusions from D- donors? Transfusion. 2002;42:136-8.
- Transfusion medicine--2003: a comprehensive review. Part I.
- Transfusion medicine--2003: a comprehensive review, Part II.
- Pump priming in heart surgery in infants.
- Blood transfusion and postoperative infection in orthopedic patients.
- ISBT Code 128 implementation at a regional blood center.
- Transfusion related acute lung injury (TRALI): a review.
- Monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis in blood donors.
- Minimal exposure transfusion concept.
- Erythropoietin's role in transfusion medicine: the view from a blood bank.
- Mitigating adverse reactions in youthful donors.
- Med Coll Wi Affil Hosps, Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine; Univ Hosp Of Cleveland, Hematology-Internal Medicine; Johns Hopkins Hosp, Internal Medicine; Johns Hopkins Bayview M C, Internal Medicine
Dr. Jay E Menitove M.D.'s Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64111Get Direction
Dr. Jay E Menitove M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Dr. Harold D Wallin D.D.S.8919 Parallel Pkwy Kansas City KS 66112
- Douglas Hugh McGregor4801 Linwood Blvd. Kansas City Missouri 64128
- Cynthia E Essmyer Other4401 Wornall Road Kansas City MO 64111
- Dr. Christopher M. Fox M.D.University Of Kansas Medical Ctr Kansas City KS 66160
- Dr. Ossama W Tawfik M.D.,PHD3901 Rainbow Blvd Kansas City KS 66160
- Dr. Alan E. Roth M.D.8929 Parallel Pkwy Kansas City KS 66112