Dr. Theressa Nowitzky is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Corpus Christi, TX. Dr. Nowitzky specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Nowitzky can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Nowitzky can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Georgetown University School of Medicine 1987
- Gestational Diabetes
- Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center Program
Dr. Theressa James Nowitzky M.D.'s Practice location
Corpus Christi, TX 78412Get Direction
Dr. Theressa James Nowitzky M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Cervical Cancer Defined
The cervix connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main types of cells in the cervix...
- Endometriosis: Signs and Symptoms
What is Endometriosis?Endometriosis is a chronic medical condition affecting young women at a reproductive age. It is a very painful condition, which usually ends with menopause. Endometriosis does not occur before puberty.Endometriosis is a medical condition characterized by an implantation and...
- The Difference Between Gastric Bypass Surgery and Gastric Sleeve
Weight loss surgeries, which are also collectively referred to as bariatric surgery are done when dietary and exercise treatment plans fail to work. More often, patients undergo this kind of surgery if their health is at risk due to their heavy weight. A bariatric operation can be done to obese...
- Diabetes and High Blood Pressure Developed During Pregnancy Can Lead to Heart Disease
According to a new study published in Circulation: Journal of the American Heart Association, diabetes and high blood pressure during pregnancy may help to predict the risk of heart disease during early, middle-aged women. In this study, researchers analyzed data from more than 3,400 pregnant women...
- Fetal Development During the Third Trimester
Weekly developmentsWeek 28Baby’s eyes are open and are sensitive to light; eyelashes have formed. The wrinkles on the skin begin to smooth out due to the fat deposited in the skin.Week 29During this period, the baby’s bones are fully developed but not yet strong. The touch receptors are now...
- Repeat C-sections Are Not as Risky as Natural Birth
According to a new study conducted by researchers from Australia, repeat cesarean sections are safer than natural vaginal birth. Both delivery methods were not associated with death or any serious health issues. But women who had cesarean sections had less serious bleeding complications, when...
- Dr. Sophia J. Ommani MD7121 S Padre Island Dr Corpus Christi Texas 78412
- Dr. Kyla M. Scholz M.D.5920 Saratoga Blvd Corpus Christi TX 78414
- E.Stanton Shoemaker7121 South Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi Texas 78412
- Dr. Jane O Stafford M.D.5920 Saratoga Corpus Christi TX 78414
- Dr. Samira T Mohamed M.D.,M.P.H.5700 N Expressway # 77 Brownsville TX 78526
- Dr. James D. Koerner M.D.1309 S. University Dr. Nacogdoches TX 75961