Dr. Sandra Burke is a psychologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Burke specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Burke evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Burke because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
- Method for in vivo calibration of renal sympathetic nerve activity in rabbits.
- Sympathetic responses to stress and rilmenidine in 2K1C rabbits: evidence of enhanced nonvascular effector mechanism.
- Are centrally acting imidazoline agents appropriate therapy for renovascular hypertension?
- Contribution of imidazoline receptors and alpha2-adrenoceptors in the rostral ventrolateral medulla to sympathetic baroreflex inhibition by systemic rilmenidine.
- Renal sympathetic neuroeffector function in renovascular and angiotensin II-dependent hypertension in rabbits.
- Renal responses to acute reflex activation of renal sympathetic nerve activity and renal denervation in secondary hypertension.
- Levels of renal and extrarenal sympathetic drive in angiotensin II-induced hypertension.
- Cardiac and renal baroreflex control during stress in conscious renovascular hypertensive rabbits: effect of rilmenidine.
- Altered responsiveness of the kidney to activation of the renal nerves in fat-fed rabbits.
- Enhanced responses to ganglion blockade do not reflect sympathetic nervous system contribution to angiotensin II-induced hypertension.
- Angiotensin II and neurohumoral control of the renal medullary circulation.
- Quantifying sympathetic nerve activity: problems, pitfalls and the need for standardization.
- Exposure to a high-fat diet alters leptin sensitivity and elevates renal sympathetic nerve activity and arterial pressure in rabbits.
- Multiple mechanisms act to maintain kidney oxygenation during renal ischemia in anesthetized rabbits.
- Comments on Point:Counterpoint: The dominant contributor to systemic hypertension: Chronic activation of the sympathetic nervous system vs. Activation of the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system.
Dr. Sandra L. Burke PHD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94115Get Direction
Dr. Sandra L. Burke PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- Different Meanings of Asexual
Asexual definitionsWhat is asexual? Asexual exists when a person is not feeling sexual attraction to anyone or is having low or no interest in sexual activity. In the modern world, it is a little bit hard to understand this because we are forced to see sexuality everywhere and the general rule is...
- Adults with Autism May Be More Financially Responsible, Study Suggests
Everybody wants to handle money well and make positive economic choices for their future; however, it often doesn't work out so well. Some believe that being economically responsible is a character trait, but researchers have found that there may be an entirely different correlation for specific...
- Why Is It That Some Children With Autism Find It Difficult To Recognize Faces?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 1 in every 160 children has an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ASD refers to a developmental disorder characterized by varying degrees of impaired social interaction, disturbances in communication and language, as well as repetitive...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Micah Johnson- Dallas Cop-Killer Did He Suffer From PTSD
Micah Xavier Johnson, 25 years old from Mesquite, Texas, seemed to be one of America's heroes...an army veteran. With no known ties to terror, no criminal past, and a record as an upstanding member of the U.S. military with a completed tour to Afghanistan, how could it be that this...
- What Exactly Is an Orgasm?
An orgasm is the peak of sexual excitement in both men and women. It is often stimulated by genital pleasure and followed by an ejaculation in men. Sometimes, orgasm is called climaxing or coming. The heart beats faster and breathing gets heavier and quicker when you have an orgasm.In women, orgasms...
- Mr. Ronald M. Ruff PH.D.909 Hyde Street San Francisco California 94109
- Dr. Mary C. Lamia PH.D.1030 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. Kentfield California 94904
- Dr. Stancil Joseph lister Hutchinson PSY.D.730 Alhambra Blvd. Sacramento CA 95816
- Dr. Alex Wang PH.D.1100 Sanchez St San Francisco CA 94114
- Dr. Myriam J Sollman PHD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Brianna Michelle Paul PH.D.400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143