Dr. Robert Heidenry is an ophthalmologist practicing in Hazel Crest, IL. Dr. Heidenry specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Heidenry can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Heidenry can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
St Louis Univ Sch of Med, St Louis Mo 1967
Saint Louis University School of Medicine 1967
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- St Louis Univ Hosp, Ophthalmology; St Johns Mercy Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Robert Heidenry M.D.'s Practice location
Hazel Crest, IL 60429Get Direction
Dr. Robert Heidenry M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Alternative Treatments For Cataracts
Approximately, a fifth of all people above the age of 60 have at least mild cataracts, and at the age of 75, that number increases significantly.A cataract presents itself as a reduction of clarity in the eye lens. A normal eye lens is comprised of clear water and variety of proteins. The lens...
- What Is Astigmatism?
Normally, the eye, cornea, and lens can easily focus light rays on the retina. The disease known asastigmatism is an imperfection in the curvature of the cornea, and it can produce a clear, round dome covering the iris and pupil.The cornea and lens remain smooth and are always curved equally in all...
- Eye Infections: Bacterial, Viral, and Fungal
Eye infections occur when various harmful microorganisms invade the eyes. They can be caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. When suspecting an eye infection, you should go and get a detailed eye examination from an eye doctor. Trying to self-diagnose and even self-treat eye problems and eye...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cataract Surgery
Unfortunately, no particular drug or types of eye drops have been found to specifically reverse or prevent the formation of cataracts. There are eyeglasses that can be recommended by your doctor if you develop nearsightedness or blurred vision as a result of cataract formation. A surgical procedure...
- What Causes Iritis?
What is iritis?The colored part of the eye is called the iris. When the iris gets inflamed, the condition is called iritis, which is also called anterior uveitis. The muscles present in the iris help in pupil contraction and relaxation. The anterior and posterior chambers of the eye are also...
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- Dr. Sohail J. Hasan MD10526 Wild Flower Road Orland Park Illinois 60462
- Dr. Veeral S. Sheth M.D.2050 Pfingsten Road Glenview Illinois 60026
- Dr. Derek J. Dawson M.D.8256 Hohman Avenue Munster Indiana 46321
- Mr. Harit Bhatt M.D.7456 South State Road Bedford Park Illinois 60638
- David H. Orth71 West 156th Street Harvey Illinois 60426
- Dr. Joann Cong yin Chang M.D.74 Main Street Gardner MA 01440