Dr. Susan Kay Garwood M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease4230 Harding Road Suite 400 Nashville TN, 37205
Dr. Susan Garwood practices Pulmonology in Nashville, TN. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Garwood manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Dr. Susan Kay Garwood M.D.'s Practice location
Nashville, TN 37205Get Direction
Dr. Susan Kay Garwood M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Garwood
You can't rate Dr. Garwood high enough..
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- 7 Tips on Living with Asthma
Asthma is a chronic lung disorder that causes inflammation in the air passage leading to the lungs, making it incredibly difficult to breath. Common symptoms include Shortness of breath, Wheezing, a tight feeling in the chest and Coughing. Asthma can be either Innate (since childhood) or caused by...
- Facts About Asthma That You Should Know
Breathe in and breathe out. Isn't it one of the simplest things to do in life? But when you see your loved ones, especially your children, wheezing, it can really make you anxious and stressed. One of the most traumatizing diseases that can leave one struggling for something as basic as oxygen is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Aspiration Pneumonia
Aspiration pneumonia or inhalation pneumonia is the inflammation of the lungs that occurs as a result of inhalation of various substances. These substances include vomit, food, foreign bodies, and regurgitated gastric juices.Aspiration of foreign objects can cause inflammation of the lungs,...
- Is Legionnaires' Disease a Serious Medical Condition?
Legionella bacteriaLegionnaires' disease is a type of pneumonia that is in its most severe form. The disease occurs due to a bacterial infection caused by a bacteria called legionella and mainly results in the inflammation of the lungs. The bacteria are known to thrive commonly in areas such as...
- Dr. Alberto Gonzalez-bernal MD3443 Dickerson Pk Nashville TN 37207
- Dr. Toby Ray Smith MD8001 Youree Drive Shreveport LA 71115
- Dr. Stephanie Norfolk MD11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Stephen A Capizzi MD300 20th Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Stephen J Heyman MD300 20th Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Stacey Louise Vallejo M.D.4230 Harding Rd Nashville TN 37205