Dr. John Ikonomidis is a general surgeon practicing in Charleston, SC. Dr. Ikonomidis specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Ikonomidis provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Toronto, Fac of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada 1989
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Stanford Univ Hosp, Thoracic Surgery
- Stanford University Hospital
Dr. John Ikonomidis MD's Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Dr. John Ikonomidis MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ikonomidis
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, which is a tube-like organ that extends from the large intestine. According to theories, the appendix is a specialized organ that is capable of producing antibodies. However, experts suggest that the appendix has no definite function in the human...
- How to Prepare for a Colonoscopy
A colonoscopy is an examination that lets your health practitioner view the lining of your colon (large intestine). A thin and flexible tube known as a colonoscopy is used to thoroughly view the colon. A Colonoscopy is also applied when screening for precancerous or cancer growths inside the colon....
- Reasons Why You Need a Gallbladder Surgery
The gallbladder is found under the liver on the right side of the abdomen. It has the shape of a pear and looks like a small sac. Your liver produces a fluid used during digestion known as bile. The gallbladder stores bile before releasing it into the small intestine. If the gallbladder is infected...
- 5 Treatments for Excessive Sweating
What is excessive sweating?Excessive sweating is also known as hyperhidrosis. Abnormal and excessive sweating is not necessarily related to a rise in body temperature or intensive exercises. In this condition, sweating is so excessive that it tends to soak the clothes of an individual. At times,...
- What Are the Side Effects of Gallbladder Surgery?
The gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ located between the liver and small intestine. Even though it plays a big role in digestion, a person can live a normal life without it. This means that the gallbladder can be discarded without necessarily affecting the functionality of other organs. If...
- What Happens During a Laminectomy?
What is a laminectomy?You may experience back pain that affects your day-to-day activities. Your doctor may recommend that you undergo a surgical procedure called laminectomy.Laminectomy is a surgical operation, in which the lamina is removed. This helps relieve pressure that is exerted on the nerve...
- Dr. Neil Shaw Mcdevitt MD109 Burton Ave Summerville SC 29485
- Dr. Adrian Lee Strand M.D.8992 UNIVERSITY BLVD NORTH CHARLESTON SC 29406
- Dr. Thomas C Litton M.D.9329 Medical Plaza Dr Charleston SC 29406
- Dr. Brent Michael Jewett M.D.169 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Charles Kenneth Mitchell M.D.2093 Henry Tecklenburg Dr Charleston SC 29414
- Dr. Crystal Johnson-mann M.D.169 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425