Dr. Kristin Peterson is a speech language pathologist practicing in CHICAGO, IL. Dr. Peterson specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Peterson evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Peterson helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Kristin Peterson SLP's Practice location
CHICAGO, IL 60613Get Direction
Kristin Peterson SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- What is Autism?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects an individual's communication, social, and interpersonal skills. For individuals with this neurological disorder, their normal brain development supporting communication and social skills are impaired. Autism is also known as autism spectrum disorder...
- Norah Garrity M.S. CCC-SLP2927 S Fish Hatchery Rd Burnet TX 78611
- Sarah Spencer SLP2927 S Fish Hatchery Rd Burnet TX 78611
- Heather Jackman M.A.902 W CYPRESS DR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS IL 60005
- Dr. Guliz Barkan MDLoyola University Medical Center Maywood IL 60153
- Mr. William Nathan Waller CCC-SLP675 N SAINT CLAIR ST CHICAGO IL 60611
- Ms. Caitlin Gallinagh345 E SUPERIOR ST CHICAGO IL 60611