Dr. Scott Fontaine is a speech language pathologist practicing in BOYNTON BEACH, FL. Dr. Fontaine specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Fontaine evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Fontaine helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Scott Fontaine's Practice location
BOYNTON BEACH, FL 33435Get Direction
Scott Fontaine's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Mrs. Sheryl Anne Jordan M.S.CCC-SLP200 SE 19TH AVE POMPANO BEACH FL 33060
- Mrs. Amanda Myrick9180 SILVER GLEN WAY LAKE WORTH FL 33467
- Mrs. Gail Roberta Cimbal CCC-SLP6010 NW 96TH DR PARKLAND FL 33076
- Ms. Jamie Christine Flood M.S., CCC-SLP817 N K ST LAKE WORTH FL 33460
- Mrs. Noemi Cohen SPEECH LANGUAUGE PAT6326 NW 80TH TER PARKLAND FL 33067
- Molly Wells Vogeli950 PENINSULA CORPORATE CIR BOCA RATON FL 33487