Dr. Joel Bryan Ragland MD
Neurosurgeon9314 Park West Blvd 200 Medical Arts Bld Knoxville TN, 37923
Dr. Joel Ragland practices Neurological Surgery in Knoxville, TN. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Ragland prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Univ of Ar Coll of Med, Little Rock Ar 1988
University Ak College Med 1988
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine 1988
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Birth Defects
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Univ Tx Med Branch Hosps, Neurological Surgery Univ Tx Med Branch Hosps, General Surgery
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Program
Dr. Joel Bryan Ragland MD's Practice location
Knoxville, TN 37923Get Direction
Dr. Joel Bryan Ragland MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ragland
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- Dr. Michael D Fromke MD2001 Laurel Ave Knoxville TN 37916
- Dr. Edward W. Akeyson M.D.60 Temple St New Haven CT 06510
- Dr. Todd Abel MD1932 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Michael Thomas Walsh MD1932 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Mr. William Stuart Reid MD1932 Alcoa Highway Knoxville TN 37920
- Mr. Joel Edward Norman MD800 Rose St Lexington KY 40536